Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2009 8:47:00 AM EDT
Whats a good sling adaptor to go with the RRA pistol lower they dont use a castle nut to attach there buffer anyone have a slip over adaptor so I dont have to break loose the loctite buufer tube
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm kinda looking too...in the same boat!  I like the RRA pistol lower but they use red loctite on the buffer tube and that does not sound like fun removing.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
come on sombody must have a RRA arms lower for their pistol build what kinda slide on sling adapters have any of you used
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Standard car end plate with sling  slots or hook holes with the little tit removed.   I prefer the ambi with holes on both sides for H&k type hooks because I shoot left handed. Cost is about $20. This is what RRA told me several ago when I order a pistol tube
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Most slide on sling adaptors likely won't work well as the RRA tube is thicker than a std reciever extension.  I was under the impression RRA use's blue locktite on this part, man up brake it free and do it right.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Most slide on sling adaptors likely won't work well as the RRA tube is thicker than a std reciever extension.  I was under the impression RRA use's blue locktite on this part, man up brake it free and do it right.

NO...it's red loctite and it has nothing to do with "manning up"!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]
But I do see some new products coming on the market in the near future for these...I'm sure some entrepreneur will come up with something.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Loctite breaks down at 400 degrees. Just put a heat gun on it and strap wrench it off.  It's a good excuse to buy a cheap heat gun and strap wrench.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep, its called doing it right even though it may suck taking it apart

Or doing it half assed as you are going to have issues with just about anything that slips over, cause there just isn't any place for a slip over to lock down upon.  Just my 2 cents that you got for free.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got a Magpul ASAP  today from Midway.  Looks like a good rig, I'll be trying mine out this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I like that set up!  Heat gun and a strap wrench huh?  I will have to give it a go!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:14:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like that set up!  Heat gun and a strap wrench huh?  I will have to give it a go!

You could throw it in the kitchen oven for a few minutes too.  Just pull  any plastic off of it.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top