Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2009 3:23:08 PM EDT
whats a good receiver end plate sling mount for a single point for a AR pistol?
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 5:39:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I have Noveske QD endplates on most of my builds!  KAC and Daniel Defense also make them but there more bulky.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:28:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
whats a good receiver end plate sling mount for a single point for a AR pistol?

Magpul ASAP
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the Noveske QD end plate.  It's basically out of the way completely and it's completely silent if that's a possible concern.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Magpul
+1
installed on my AR and really like it
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for the Magpul.  The Noveske plate looks cool but I can say that Magpul is a good choice for sure.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#7]
The beauty of the Noveske is that it is cleaner looking and one can attach a QD Sling swivel and essentially have the Magpul set-up without having a loose ring flopping about when a sling isn't attached.  YMMV

I might add as I sorta bashed Magpul, (not my intent) that how their endplate attaches it may be slightly stronger with the ears the taper around the edges of the reciever.  I still prefer the N to the M.
Link Posted: 10/9/2009 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#8]
another vote here for the noveske
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 7:46:59 AM EDT
[#9]

mmmmm Noveske!
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The beauty of the Noveske is that it is cleaner looking and one can attach a QD Sling swivel and essentially have the Magpul set-up without having a loose ring flopping about when a sling isn't attached.  YMMV

I might add as I sorta bashed Magpul, (not my intent) that how their endplate attaches it may be slightly stronger with the ears the taper around the edges of the reciever.  I still prefer the N to the M.

if the loose ring bothers you, it can always be cut off.

you would still be able to use an HK style hook or a plain sling on the bare hoop.

I just think it looks cooler
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#12]
It has it's advantages and the Magpul ASAP was what I ultimately ended up with as I struck a deal I couldn't walk away from.  Now when I receive my ARMS mount replacement from LaRue it is finished again, as she normally wears an Aimpoint for stylish aiming points.

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 5:35:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I like this one. SLAP Plate The guy who makes them don't like hippies but he makes a nice plate!
http://www.ikickhippies.com/resources/DSC_3455.JPG
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a blackhawk that I like a lot.  I will try to post up a pic in a bit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 12:52:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I have tried MI, Blackhawk!, Noveske and many others only to settle on one very simple and understated unit from Gear Sector.  The mount is extremely low profile, does not snag on anything or poke me in the chest and does not swivel which keeps the gun where it should be and not rotating on the mounting point(a major pet peeve of mine).

All my AR's have this now as the rear mounting point, whether I'm using one of Gear Sectors single or two point slings.

Worth a look and the price is right.  

Pictures and descriptions here.

Link Posted: 10/24/2009 2:07:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have tried MI, Blackhawk!, Noveske and many others only to settle on one very simple and understated unit from Gear Sector.  The mount is extremely low profile, does not snag on anything or poke me in the chest and does not swivel which keeps the gun where it should be and not rotating on the mounting point(a major pet peeve of mine).

All my AR's have this now as the rear mounting point, whether I'm using one of Gear Sectors single or two point slings.

Worth a look and the price is right.  

Pictures and descriptions here.

I may be inclined to want to try your Noveske on another AR I have, if you still have it laying around?  GearSector is way underrated, their slings are a hell'va value.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#17]
How are people attaching their single point slings to a Noveske QD end plate? The single points normally have a "hook", no?
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How are people attaching their single point slings to a Noveske QD end plate? The single points normally have a "hook", no?

Many are hooked, but all you are dealing with is nylon strap of sorts, very easily modified a number of different ways.  If you have a hook all you really have to do is add the QD w/sling loop as the hook will attach to the sling loop and act similar to the Magpul ASAP.

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#19]
My Gear Sector ASP single point can be setup with any style (loop, hook, QD) they just clip on and off.  Simple and effective  Check out there website!

http://www.gearsector.com/browse/category/slings/single-point-slings/
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#20]
How difficult is it to install one of the Gear Sector  mounts?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Tactical Link Products
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#22]
This  is what you want

http://ikickhippies.com/
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#23]
+1 for the SLAP plate

ikickhippies.com
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:27:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This  is what you want

http://ikickhippies.com/

Man this guys website is cool. I love the small print at bottom of page..

"Damn, I hate dirty, smelly hippies."

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top