Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 1:07:11 AM EDT
Does anyone have one, and what has their experience been with CMMG quality?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:16:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 CMMG pistols. They are awesome! The guys at CMMG are easy to deal with, and stand behind everything they sell.

CMMG 7.3'' with a YHM handguard and a Noveske KFH

(same) CMMG 7.3'' with a YHM handguard and a Noveske KFH

The pistol on the right is a CMMG, the left is a 9mm RRA.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
CMMG is good folk with a quality product.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on CMMG

I'm planning on a second CMMG pistol, hopefully sooner rather than later.  For some reason one just doesn't seem to be enough.  I guess that makes this BPD since I already suffer from BRD.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got one, a 7.3.  Great gun.  
I've been doing reliability (and load) testing over the last couple of range sessions and I'm up to about 250 rounds since my last cleaning with absolutely no problems whatsoever.  I'd originally intended to re-clean after 210, but it's going so strong that now I'm going to try to get to 500 rounds before another clean.
The only problem I've had with the gun is that when I'm using a single-point sling, the sling attachment moves so much that the "retaining-pin spring for the rear take-down-pin" pops out.  It's a PITA, but not a deal breaker since I never actually carry it with the sling.
It's also remarkably accurate out to 100 yds, btw.
If you're thinking about it, get it.  You won't be sorry.
-Rk
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one and it is great. Fit and finish are perfect. The cust service is the best I have had to deal with in a long time.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an LRB M-15SA lower that I assembled using a J&T/Doublestar LPK and an ACE pistol buffer and gusset - no problems whatsoever with the sling attachment moving when shooting with a single-point sling for support.

CMMG 7.3" upper, w/ Vortex, YHM flip-up FS, Mangonel "catapult" rear sight.

As others have said - you won't be sorry with CMMG's quality and customer service.  Excellent folks to deal with.

The BOOM!, followed by curious looks and finally slobbering interest you provoke at the range will be priceless!

flcracker
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#7]
This might  sacrilegious here, but I chose to forego the "boom" by mounting a Noveske KX3.  Works great.  Not sure what it sounds like to onlookers, but as a shooter, it's no worse (and maybe a little better) than my Bushmaster with a 16" bbl and that confounded, post-ban (pre Sep-04) AK-brake.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]
What is the multi-holed barrel or flash hider on the end of the pistol?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What is the multi-holed barrel or flash hider on the end of the pistol?

LEVANG LINEAR COMPENSATOR

Brownells: www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=5594&s=

Cheers, Otto
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Does it look like you could ream it out for 9mm? I know about the difference in the standard threads for 9mm and 223. Do you know if they make a 9mm with the correct threads?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#11]
+1 on cmmg quality... and friendliness at gun shows.Almost everytime I see them my wallet gets lighter..I vote with my business.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top