Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 2:53:41 PM EDT
Does anyone have (or have you had) a Colt upper in 9mm?  I found one at a show for $600.00, $750.00 with the magazine block, hammer, and 6 magazines.  It's a 10" bbl, other than that I don't know much about them.  I've done business with the guy before so I'm sure it is a good upper.  I just don't know much about them.  I was really thinking about a .45 acp build, but this one caught my eye.  I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,
DBAR
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have one, but I have a "clone" of the Colt style....

Sounds like a DOE upper (or was it DOD????)  Any how, it's for the SBR rifles for the security teams.   I suppose it can be used for a pistol.  It should work fine for a pistol build.  Just remember you have to use an ACE type pistol buffer (aka CAR type system).

Your call if ya want to get it.  I'm not sure about the price range, I've never looked at one.  And I don't recall what I've seen in the past.  I know the 16" barreled 9mm Colt uppers can go for 7-800.....

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:24:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Have a Colt 635 9mm upper with several thousand rounds through it (on a M16A1 most of the time).  Friends have several more.  The primary issue is the quality of the mag block that goes into the gun.  Best block that is not pinned into the receiver (not an option for most on a $12K full auto Colt NFA receiver but would work well for a $99 pistol receiver) is from Cross Fire - but they are out of bussiness and the guy that built them passed away several years ago (i.e. only used market).

One down side to the Colt 635 is that it is not a flat top.  Myself for a pistol would go with the a 7 inch flat top upper build (good luck with Rock River 9mm uppers).  Note you need a different bolt for 9mm and typically a hevier or hydrolic buffer.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top