Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 7:10:11 PM EDT
does it have the accuracy of the other AR pistols,
and can I put a regular handguard on (I mean regular like no-ban model, not like carbine HG's),
and what would you pay for one?  given that there are no HG's, no FH, gimpy scope mount, etc.....

I have a 7 incher that's almost ready, but I hear accuracy is outstanding with the OLY's.... rumor true?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Accuracy ...who knows? I picked up a OA-98 a few days ago and put 100 rounds through it ...it is quite awesome... big fireball . Really BIG fireball. It is getting threaded for a Vortex flash hider. From what I have been told..the Vortex will help, but not eliminate the flash...all I can say is, a little would help out alot. Looks good and the workmanship on it is super.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't Oly's skeletonized pistol have something to do with getting the weight down below the 60 oz (or whatever it was) limit that the AWB imposed on newly manufactured pistols?

If so, it makes for an interesting relic of that era.

ETA: correction, it was 50oz.  thx Matt_B
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:56:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Didn't Oly's skeletonized pistol have something to do with getting the weight down below the 60 oz (or whatever it was) limit that the AWB imposed on newly manufactured pistols?

If so, it makes for an interesting relic of that era.

images.gunsamerica.com/upload/976612906-1.jpg

IIRC your right
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, it was their version to "beat" the semi auto pistol rules....
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You are correct and the max. weight for a pistol used to be (I love saying that) 50 oz.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top