Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2016 11:04:16 AM EDT
Does anyone carry 16" lr308 barrels with rifle length gas?  I'm surprised they aren't more popular with the preponderance of over-gassed 308 mids and carbines. Seems the rifle gas is the way to go especially after reading the 6.5 topic and discussion of extended rifle gas tubes. Maybe I'll just look for an 18" rifle barrel - any suggestions there?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Most Dissipators are faked with either a carbine or midlength low pro gas block under the handguard.  I think if you wanted the actual rifle length you are probably looking at custom barrel job.  Maybe something ADCO could try is cut down an 18-20" barrel with rifle gas length and have them open the port to as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does anyone carry 16" lr308 barrels with rifle length gas?  I'm surprised they aren't more popular with the preponderance of over-gassed 308 mids and carbines. Seems the rifle gas is the way to go especially after reading the 6.5 topic and discussion of extended rifle gas tubes. Maybe I'll just look for an 18" rifle barrel - any suggestions there?
View Quote

Fulton Armory used to have a 16" RLGS .308 barrel made from a Criterion pipe.

That's what I would look at, but I don't see them anymore on their site.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Check Rainier Arms. They had some last time I was poking around over there.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top