Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2014 1:52:27 PM EDT

I have been eyeing up a surefire 762 muzzle break in this link

( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Surefire-Muzzle-Brake-Suppressor-Adapter-5-8x24-Right-Hand-Blk-SFMB-762-5-8-24-/310853299159?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48604cebd7)

and the yhm lt flash hider, and not sure which one to get, now the surefire woudl look bomb on my ar10, but the suppressors are kinda high, around 1200 bucks, and the lt suppressor is only around 600, my question to you is this, is the surefire really worth that much more ? and if so why ? i dont want to get the surefire only to sell it later on when i or if i was to get the yhm lt suppressor
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got my new 18" Noveske barreled 7.62 upper put together and I used that surefire muzzle brake.  i've fired about 70 rounds through it thus far and it has performed very well, seems to be very well made and looks great. I cant help you out with a comparison between two brakes and which performed better but I can say I'm happy with mine and its helped with muzzle climb and recoil quite a bit from the 22" target crowned AR-10T upper I previously had.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Brake is spelled brake.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just got my new 18" Noveske barreled 7.62 upper put together and I used that surefire muzzle brake.  i've fired about 70 rounds through it thus far and it has performed very well, seems to be very well made and looks great. I cant help you out with a comparison between two brakes and which performed better but I can say I'm happy with mine and its helped with muzzle climb and recoil quite a bit from the 22" target crowned AR-10T upper I previously had.  
View Quote

any chance you can post a pic of that brake on your 18" gun ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Brake is spelled brake.
View Quote

Why not point out all the grammar errors?  Give the guy a "brake" ;)
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brake is spelled brake.

ya or at least let me borrow your surefire "brake" to try out on my 308 rifle, please send a 5/8x24  threaded brake and give me a break please lmao
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Not only is brake spelled brake, but brakes are of questionable utility on a 300.  Seems there is not a whole lot of gas at the muzzle to counter recoil.  As such, a brake is more of a fashion statement than a functional accessory...the juice, as they say, not worth the squeeze.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:58:59 AM EDT
[#7]
They reduce recoil about 30% in 308 but make the gun sound more than twice as loud.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not only is brake spelled brake, but brakes are of questionable utility on a 300.  Seems there is not a whole lot of gas at the muzzle to counter recoil.  As such, a brake is more of a fashion statement than a functional accessory...the juice, as they say, not worth the squeeze.
View Quote

I would disagree, shoot one with and without and there  is quite the difference.  They are loud as all hell though, just like any other brake.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top