Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2012 2:17:40 PM EDT
Good afternoon all,

I've just picked up a new rifle today and this is my first .308 black gun. Upon opening the box there was an orange tag in the plastic bag with the magazine that said I should not use .308 WIN/ 7.62x51 ammo. Can anyone comment on this and let me know what the other options there are for ammo for this platform? Ive searched the forum and cant seem to find the answers that I am looking for. guess everyone has to be a noob at something. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
In before Larry. It sounds like you have a LAR-8, not an AR-10.

Read the tag again. I bet it says not to use Magtech ammo.

ETA: Welcome to the forum.   Archived thread.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
you know what....your right. What a great first post. I would post a pic if the tag but I think that I need to be a full member.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 5:32:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good afternoon all,

I've just picked up a new rifle today and this is my first .308 black gun. Upon opening the box there was an orange tag in the plastic bag with the magazine that said I should not use .308 WIN/ 7.62x51 ammo. Can anyone comment on this and let me know what the other options there are for ammo for this platform? Ive searched the forum and cant seem to find the answers that I am looking for. guess everyone has to be a noob at something. Thanks.

Maybe I am miss reading your post or you had a typo or I missed something.  I still have the orange tag that came in my box.  The tag is an ADVISORY TAG that says the following:

Throught extensive testing, RRA has determined that MAGTECH .308 ammunition does NOT function to a satisfactory level in the RRA LAR-8 Rifle. RRA STRONGLY recommends AGAINST THE USE  of this ammunition in the RRA LAR-8 . For additional infoormation placse constact RRA customer service at 866-980-7625.

To me that says DO NOT use Magtech ammo in your LAR-8.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top