Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2012 3:36:06 PM EDT
I am having an upper built in 300BLK. It is going to be a 10" Noveske barreled upper, and I am wondering if I should spec a certain bolt and carrier group.

I am having Kevin at High Caliber Sales build it because I was/am really impressed with the RECCE upper he built me. His default Bolt and BCG are LMT. I have one in the RECCE and have had several others from LMT over the years and have never had any issue with them, or any other Bolt/BCG's for that matter.

Just curious if there is any reason to consider any other mfg, given this is a 10" 300BLK. I have never had any AR shorter than 16" or in any caliber beside 5.56 or 7.62. I doubt there will be anything substantially better than the LMT stuff he uses, but if there is something I should consider, I'd rather think about it now than after.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing to consider that you wouldn't for 5.56. Same gear. Buy quality. My 300BLK has an LMT BCG.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a big fan of the DD BCG's. I currently have 3 chrome DD BCG's on pre-order with Brownells to swap into my 2 current DD AR's, and to use for my current 300 Blackout build I'm working on.

From personal experiences, and what I've heard/read, you likely won't find a higher quality BCG than DD...though I've heard there are a couple others that will be on par with them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top