Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 9:16:11 AM EDT
Thinking .300 Black or .358 SOCOM on my next build. I plan on adding a can to it. Not sure a .358 SOCOM is a practical because of hard to find barrels and bolt mods plus fewer rounds in mag. The .300 Black will do the same and less kick. My thinking is if you go to a .358 SOCOM go to a shotgun with slugs makes more sense and less money plus better resale. Money may be better spent on other stuff for .300 black upgrades. Any thoughts?? My other builds have Troy front floating grip 13" & 15" with the 6.8 using Larue billet upper/lower and the 5.56 with all Spider upper/lower and parts. Magpul stocks on both. So I didnt go vary cheap on them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#1]
My other builds still work in process better optics and mounts soon to come.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#2]
do you mean 458 bfg-socom or 358 bfg-wssm?

also, i think you would do better with the 300 blk. more availability of everything and cheaper to shoot. Plus if you ever get into reloading, 300blk is easy and fun and once again cheap to load.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
do you mean 458 bfg-socom or 358 bfg-wssm?

also, i think you would do better with the 300 blk. more availability of everything and cheaper to shoot. Plus if you ever get into reloading, 300blk is easy and fun and once again cheap to load.

Yah my thinking sometimes bigger is not really better trade off. Example my pistols are 9mm P38 and a FN-Five seven.

Barrels I used are great match barrels. SS

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thinking .300 Black or .358 SOCOM on my next build. I plan on adding a can to it. Not sure a .358 SOCOM is a practical because of hard to find barrels and bolt mods plus fewer rounds in mag. The .300 Black will do the same and less kick. My thinking is if you go to a .358 SOCOM go to a shotgun with slugs makes more sense and less money plus better resale. Money may be better spent on other stuff for .300 black upgrades. Any thoughts?? My other builds have Troy front floating grip 13" & 15" with the 6.8 using Larue billet upper/lower and the 5.56 with all Spider upper/lower and parts. Magpul stocks on both. So I didnt go vary cheap on them.

What do you mean the 300 will do the same as the 458? go boom or look the same? The 458 makes a bigger hole in anything it hits and has a hell of a lot more terminal performance. The 300blk threads are getting a bit rediculous ...it isn't quite as fast or powerful as a 7.62x39 which 1 year ago was considered marginal for deer hunting,now right here on arfcom there are guys that think it's a long range round...next year they will be using it to shoot 1000yds

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean the 300 will do the same as the 458? go boom or look the same? The 458 makes a bigger hole in anything it hits and has a hell of a lot more terminal performance. The 300blk threads are getting a bit redicous ...it isn't quite as fast or powerful as a 7.62x39 which 1 year ago was considered marginal for deer hunting,now right here on arfcom there are guys that think it's a long range round...next year they will be using it to shoot 1000yds

It still kills just as dead with less kick if you are a good shot. Bigger isnt always better.

Example.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top