Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2011 5:25:59 AM EDT
I had acquired a bunch of parts for a 723 build as well as a LMT MRP upper that I got for a deal I couldn't pass up. I wasn't using the MRP upper (wanted for a SBR, but not sure when that will happen) and I decided that a retro build wasn't for me. So, I sold all of that and was able to fund the following rifle (already had most of the lower) which I hope to use for some hog hunting later this fall:

Specs
Noveske 14.5" Afghan barrel (1:12, Spec II, polygonal rifling) with perm'd Vortex (thanks, ADCO)
BCM upper receiver
BCM Mod 4 charging handle
Colt carrier
LWRC Advanced Combat Bolt
Centurion Arms 12" C4 rail
KAC micro sights
EOTech EXPS 2-0
Surefire M300A in Gear Sector offset mount (activated using a SR07 switch)
Magpul goodies
Spike's lower w/Stag LPK
Geissele SSA-E trigger
LMT receiver extension and castle nut
Noveske QD end plate

Can't wait to take it out. I have only acquired 400 rds of SSA 115gr OTM TACTICAL, so I won't be doing too much shooting when I do. I will probably have to pick up some SSA 115gr bulk training rounds to do more "plinking." I won't be able to start reloading for about 10 months or so.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet looking boom stick there
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice looking rifle there...
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sweet looking boom stick there
the 6.8 really is a boom compared to the  5.56.

enjoy

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:38:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, fellas. I'm looking forward to getting into it.

I wanted something different and I wanted a 14.5" barrel, so the 6.8 seemed like the perfect round. Plus, I can have more confidence when I start hog hunting later this year. The additional stopping power and penetration for an unlikely HD-type situation couldn't hurt, either.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#6]
congrats and welcome to the fold.....

you will notice that the more you shoot your 6.8, the greater the disdain for the 5.56
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
congrats and welcome to the fold.....

you will notice that the more you shoot your 6.8, the greater the disdain for the 5.56

Aint that the truth, more like you will be selling all the 5.56s in trade to build more 6.8s.

Congrats! Nice looking rig
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice.

Be sure to try to Barnes 85 TSX or 95 TTSX on hogs.  They go all the way through  
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
6.8 is a very smooth recoiling caliber. I had a 12" upper for my SBR and loved shooting it except for the $$$ I'd be investing to punch paper...

Good looking rifle you have there. Makes me want to build another one.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#10]
lots of good bullets too
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top