Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2009 6:58:17 AM EDT
What type of accuracy can one expect from these two rifles?
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 7:42:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on ammo choice, optics, and skills. Give more info. I have a DPMS LR308 T with a 16 inch barrel. With irons or the eotech, (actually a little better with the eotech, bad eyes), it will soot 2-3 moa with most surplus that I've tried, and really close to 2 moa or a little better with my 150gr prvi handloads that I loaded for plinking. WIth the 168 and 175gr SMKs, looking through a Bushnell elite 6500 2.5x16x42 scope, and on a bipod, I get an average of just over 1/2 inch at 100yds. The surplus I always shoot from position, usually prone.
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What type of accuracy can one expect from these two rifles?

Boy are you setting yourself up for a fall.  

The rifle isn't the only thing that determines accuracy.  Ammo, sights, mounts, proper rest and most importantly SHOOTER SKILL have an awful lot to do with what kind of accuracy you can expect.  And frankly, most guns won't shoot an honest 10 shot 1/2 moa group no matter what you do to them - so don't expect that.  Don't imagine that you are going to buy a mass-produced gas rifle and have a certain group size that it will shoot.  Not going to happen.  Too many variables.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 6:00:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Sportical has a standard handguard and collapsible stock, both of which make it harder to shoot accurately. The LR-308T comes standard with a fixed stock and free-float handguard, so it is easier to shoot accurately. The inherent accuracy of both will be about the same, the Sportical may be harder to achieve it.

I have an LR-308C which is more accurate than I can hold - and that is with iron sights and the, well, "less-than-ideal" factory trigger. I think it will easily be a 1 MOA gun when I get my act together and get some good ammo in it. A shorter barrel version should have the same accuracy, but with a little lower velocity. However, I do not believe DPMS has an accuracy guarantee, so YMMV.

Lee
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Most DPMS 308s I have had experience with will shoot better than most other companies promised results. Mine had a standard stock, but I switched it for a collapsible, added a cheek piece, and everything is great so far.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
mine is great 10 shot groups 6 go into 1 hole and the other 4 were my fault, and only opened the group .5". nice. if you can spend more do it. but this is not bad.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top