Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:46:12 PM EDT
This is one expensive muzzle device! $120 from Brownells. My question is has anyone tried one? I really like my FSC556 on my AR, my Dad just bought an LR308 16 inch carbine and likes the idea of reducing muzzle flip for follow up shots. How is the muzzle blast?

My 556 seems no different if your the guy pulling the trigger, but other shooters on the line complain about it....

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Got a link?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one for awhile.  It was kind of a wash really.  It wasn't as loud as a normal break, but didn't reduce as much recoil.  I sold it and replaced it w/a Vortex.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#3]
FSC30

With the linkage...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got one on my 16" 308. Works pretty good at reducing felt recoil and muzzle flip, but it's definitely not quiet to anyone beside ya! Might be less boomy with a longer barrel (which I have on order).
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one on my 22" barrel 308, really like it.Very little felt recoil, though admittedly the rifle is heavy.Can almost "feel" the blast directed back, and I can certainly smell it.Noise to the sides I'm told is quite awesome, will NOT make you popular to shooters alongside.Overall it does what I want and it looks way cool!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Might give it a shot. I will atleast keep my eyes open for one on the equipment exchange...
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top