Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 4:35:50 PM EDT
Is there a website with ALOT of products for a .308 AR? I want to build one. I have not been impressed with the ones from Armalite and DPMS as far as cosmetic looks and such, plus i like to put it together than have one handed to me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock River, if they ever get to shipping them.
if their rifles are similar to the ones bushmaster made, alot of the parts are interchangable with the .223 ar's., so you ought to be able to customize yours anyway you want.
my buddy & i have 3 of the bushmasters between us and thats what we did anyway, they are almost totally diffirent guns between the 3. so maybe thats an avenue to explore. joe
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is there a website with ALOT of products for a .308 AR? I want to build one. I have not been impressed with the ones from Armalite and DPMS as far as cosmetic looks and such, plus i like to put it together than have one handed to me.

To build one form parts will be more expensive than buying one.

Either wait for sales and good deals off the EE, or buy a gun sell off the parts you don't like and replace with ones you do.

The 308 platform does not hold the same market as the AR15 and therefore the parts are not as abundant or as cheap.  

Armalite has more aftermarket parts available FWIW

Wait for the RRA- thats funny

BTW what is the cosmetic look that bothers you?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top