Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 12:31:55 PM EDT
i am not a big fan of dpms, but they have a good price tag on their 6.8 spc's.  i was wondering though if anyone has any info on them.  (i.e.  twist, barrel maker, so on so forth)

also, do any of you have one?  how do you like it?  

brian
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
nother question.....  whats the differeance between a SAAMI spec 6.8 spc chamber, and an improved 6.8 spc chamber.   is it just a longer troate to lower pressures, so that you can load hotter loads??   thanks guys, brian
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
yep, longer throat. 11" twist would be better but I think Ko tonics(shaw) and WOA(Wilson) are the only ones that make 11 twist barrels.  They will not say whose blanks they use so I'm betting it's Adams and Bennet.
I am not impressed with their barrels but, I use their upper and lower receivers and have never had an issue with any of their parts.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:27:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We use a 1x11 twist on our 20" barrels and a 1x10 on the 16"

Jason/DPMS

what dop you guys use for chambers? are they improved, or do i have to do that myself??

how much would it be for a 20 inch 1/11 twist barrel assembly?  

i want a 16, or 18inch, but i can always cut down and re-crown.

thanks, brian

p.s.  how much longer is the improved chamber throte?        
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i am not a big fan of dpms, but they have a good price tag on their 6.8 spc's.  i was wondering though if anyone has any info on them.  (i.e.  twist, barrel maker, so on so forth)

also, do any of you have one?  how do you like it?  

brian

Back to brian's original question?  I'm interested myself... although I am a fan of DPMS; have had many of their rifles and loved them all...and kinda like most women of my past....got rid of them too.  
Now I am looking at the DPMS 6.8 and would love to know more about personal experiences with "out of the box" accuracy, function, etc.  If anyone has one let me know.  Thanks again!
T2Dawg
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Jason/DPMS

BTW Jason, does DPMS still use any Green Mountain barrels?  I had an awesome Match 24" fluted bull w/ lo-pro upper that I built using one of your barrels and was told it was a green Mt...
That thing would shoot sub - half moa!  And like a dummy, I looked to greener pastures and let it go...
take care,
T2Dawg
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Jason/DPMS

DPMS WEBSITE    
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top