Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2007 9:51:04 AM EDT
Hi newbie here with my 1st post! Hope you guys with more 6.8 experience could help me out. I have just ordered a CMMG 16" 6.8 upper 1:10 twist and need to select a good reliable 6.8 general purpose round. I do not reload (yet) so I need factory loads. I know SSA and Hornady make the ammo but which type would be best. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I have just tried some SSA and Remington in my LMT MRP 6.8.
Both functioned fine, but I noticed that the Remington brass
was much cleaner after firing and the SSA has a bigger dent
about 1 inch from the rim where I think it hits the brass deflector?

Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply! Which Bullet types did you use - 115 grain or 110? FMJ or ?? I have heard that some of the blunt nose rounds and soft points are more likely to jam. Is this your experience? I just want something that will feed reliably and would be effective for both home defense and hunting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Forrest! I will order a few boxes of 115gr Extreme's from SSA for starters. I requested the extended and polished M4 feedramps when I ordered my CMMG upper so I should be fine. I am hoping to get it next week. I'll post the results when I get the chance.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi newbie here with my 1st post! Hope you guys with more 6.8 experience could help me out. I have just ordered a CMMG 16" 6.8 upper 1:10 twist and need to select a good reliable 6.8 general purpose round. I do not reload (yet) so I need factory loads. I know SSA and Hornady make the ammo but which type would be best. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

werra,

I would recomend SSA Enhanced Fragmentation OTM.  It's the Sierra Match King with a cannelure, and very comparable with the Hornady BTHP/WC.

I am biased because I also sell this as a product.  My customers have been giving me very good reports on accuracy for this round.

Hope this helps...
Ko-tonics

Tim, the ones you sell, are they the Combat Load or Regular Load?
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Hi newbie here with my 1st post! Hope you guys with more 6.8 experience could help me out. I have just ordered a CMMG 16" 6.8 upper 1:10 twist and need to select a good reliable 6.8 general purpose round. I do not reload (yet) so I need factory loads. I know SSA and Hornady make the ammo but which type would be best. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!hanced
I am biased because I also sell this as a product.  My customers have been giving me very good reports on accuracy for this round.

Hope this helps...
Ko-tonics

Tim, the ones you sell, are they the Combat Load or Regular Load?

I only have the commercial loads right now.  My next order will be for a few thousand rounds of combat loads.  As with Silver State, customers will have to call in the order so I can verify that they have one of my new barrels or uppers.

Or one of Randall's barrels?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I've good luck with the Hornady 110gr.

https://www.hornady.com/shop/?ps_session=7da2a435106e8a01b83b28988e570c22&page=shop%2Fbrowse&category_id=55410454d3b6c1edb710ea593c0e033d

Welcome to ARFCOM newb!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top