Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 10:14:43 AM EDT
Just curious if i could shoot 357 bullets (I have droves of them) out of a 358 barrel?  Probably try for around 2000 fps.  I did not know if they would strip the rifling or if this is commonly done.  And as a follow up, how would they expand compared to the bullets made for the 35 rem.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I use to shoot .357 bullets out of my 35 Rem Contender and they would stabalize just fine, but none were as accurate as shooting the standard .358 rifle bullets.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]
That was exactly what I was looking for.  Out of curisoty, could you load the 358 bullets in a 357 maximum or such.  Realizing pressure would be greater due to friction.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:14:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That was exactly what I was looking for.  Out of curisoty, could you load the 358 bullets in a 357 maximum or such.  Realizing pressure would be greater due to friction.

Thanks

LEAD bullets wouldn't be an issue, but JACKETED bullets would likely raise the chamber pressures too high.

If you do use lead bullets, make sure they have gas checks to reduce lead fouling.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top