BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks interesting I have been wanting to get an AR10.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
If I wanted a rifle made to use FAL mags I'd just get an FAL
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Way to go Seth.  That makes too much sense.

Just got a note from a guy pointing out that the FAL mag isn't really a feed device.  That's a bad thing for anybody using an AR with a FAL mag.  He was telling why he thinks the Bushy is having mag problems (so many mags that don't work well)

"but the FAL mag doesn't feed the bolt:  the RECEIVER does.  All the mag does is fit the receiver's feed lips so the bolt can strip them out the feed lips of the receiver.  Without those receiver lips in place the mag is stressed as the cartridge is forced out.  it spreads the mag open and eventually it doesn't feed right."

I checked out my FAL (Springfield) and he's right.  I think it's a great way to make a rifle work good with damaged magazines.

Anybody got any info on this?  How about measurements of the FAL mag after firing a while.  I'm going to try it.  i have found that about half of the new FAL mags I have tried in my Bushy don't work very well.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#4]
And so the search for a better AR-308 mousetrap continues;)

Good info T2. Please keep us posted with your measurement data.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That would be funny as hell to see Fulton do EXACTLY what Bushmaster SHOULD have done.

FAL mag system, low initial cost of ownership {sub-$1000}, and maybe even chrome lined.....

Psst,

Ed the Bushmaster .308 does use the fal mags.

Want to shoot my Bushy when it gets here you better play nice. LOL<joking>
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top