Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2021 1:34:50 PM EDT
Hey all,

I've been thinking about a 13.7" build and pinning and welding with a SOLGW NOX.  I've noticed that the SOLGW 13.7" offering is a mid-length gas (I believe made by BA) and gov't profile.  BA's two offerings are Hanson profile with carbine gas and Modern series which is gov't profile and mid length gas(I'm guessing the same barrel as the SOLGW offering).  I was wondering why the two gas lengths?  Mid length seems to be a more popular choice these days with carbine being relegated to sub 12" barrels.  Anybody have experience with the Hanson profile 13.7"?  I'd also be running suppressed most of the time as well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for comments
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't used those particular 13.7" barrels, but others.  No way I would build a 13.7 on carbine gas.
View Quote

My 13.7" is a hansen barrel.  It's a little overgassed but has been 100% with everything I've fed it.  If a middy was offered when I built it, I probably would have gone that way, but too late now.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Gas post size means more than gas port location. A smaller gas port at carbine length is just fine if not equal to a larger one at mid length.

Go with th profile and/or weight you prefer.

ETA:
Hanson barrels have a NIB barrel extension and Modern Series barrels have a Nitrided barrel extension is another difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top