Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2016 9:43:41 PM EDT
Has anyone tried one? They are expensive compared to the Law Tactical folders which are also expensive, but maybe being able to shoot with the stock still folded is worth the $400ish? It also locks in the folded position which the Law Tactical does not do. Downside is that it uses a shortened proprietary bcg.

I haven't met anyone who dropped the cash on one of these and I'm still months away from being able to myself, but this product has peaked my interest.

http://www.deadfootarms.com

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the first I've heard of them. An adapter that allows the gun to be fired while the stock is folded is pretty damn cool. I wonder how reliable it is though?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Dead Foot Arms MCS- A Closer Look
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Not knowing anything about this company it is hard saying, but I will say this.  Back in the day when AR-15 handguns first became legal again, there were a lot of people going the super short buffer tube/spring/buffer route.  They were horribly unreliable.  People would make them work by putting in cut down 1911 recoil springs, which would reportedly do better for a couple hundred rounds, but they needed replacement often.  That was why almost everyone dumped those super short buffers in favor of standard CAR length buffers/tubes/springs on their handgun builds.  Their RE setup reminds me very much of those old pistol set ups, so in light of that, there is no way in the world I would dish out even $10 for one of those systems until a LOT of other people with deeper pockets than me ran them through the wringer.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can confirm that the Deadfoot folder is an awesome product. You can shoot it while folded, and it will withstand full auto fire (we tested). We have had zero reliability issues since we got in back in June.
It is definitely expensive, and whether its worth it or not is up to you. But I will say you won't regret buying one if you decide to drop the cash.

-Tony @ BA
View Quote

@BallisticAdvantage

Have y'all tested it with any 8.5" 300blk uppers?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks interesting. Hideous, but interesting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Brownells just had some killer sales.  I picked up the LAW Tactical folder and like it a lot.  It cannot be fired when folded, so that is probably why the Dead Foot is so expensive.

Google up RRA LAR-PDS  
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can confirm that the Deadfoot folder is an awesome product. You can shoot it while folded, and it will withstand full auto fire (we tested). We have had zero reliability issues since we got in back in June.
It is definitely expensive, and whether its worth it or not is up to you. But I will say you won't regret buying one if you decide to drop the cash.

-Tony @ BA
View Quote

High praise indeed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#10]
They don't seem to be much shorter than the current LWRC ultra compact stock or the other PDW options on the market.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#11]
One would think that after going through all of the trouble to make that work they would utilize a wireframe stock or something similar vs the standard diameter buffer tube.

On one hand, I get it, you can use standard stocks.
But on the other, that's a fat hunk of gear hanging off of the right side of the gun and I expect trigger access would be a nightmare with a lot of common stocks.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:24:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the feedback. Now that function is verified, i guess it comes down to whether or not the ability to fire while folded is worth the extra $200. My first instinct says yes.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#14]
it looks cool, but I just don't think the AR is meant to be set up to fire folded. the whole mechanism is wrong for it. I want to go ultra short, and I've tried PDW stocks, and I'm going to try some others in the future. But if you really need something fires folded, you're better off with a SCAR/AK, other pistol system. I just don't see it reliable yet. I'm almost tempted to go with an MPX or Scorpion SBR as my PDW, even though I love the AR platform.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
it looks cool, but I just don't think the AR is meant to be set up to fire folded.
View Quote

What's going on in this thread?

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm really getting sick of your shit
View Quote

Hey, find a way for me to make enough money to live and I'll build you whatever you want
Should see my form 1 back for the .45 can any day...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top