Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2014 4:59:17 AM EDT
i am on the hunt for a lower receiver for my M16A4 build and all the modern ones i find are all marked Cal. Multi and have images instead of SAFE and FIRE

i am anal about building as close to the real deal as i can and markings are kinda important to me.

any help is great. thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy an M16 lower if the lower is such a sticking point.  Start the paperwork now and find one.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:07:06 AM EDT
[#2]
i am thinking of just getting another Stag Lower
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:09:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Anderson lowers can be had for cheap and they are good lowers.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#4]
.... you could always just buy a Colt M16A4  Edit "AR15A4"

Edited - we don't support that site - Eric802
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:37:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy a Colt lower or a Nodak and have it engraved the way you want. Cheaper than buying an NFA lower.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:43:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Cheaper to build one
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:48:53 AM EDT
[#7]
McKay
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:58:52 AM EDT
[#8]
80% and have it engraved with whatever rollmark you want.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:38:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Cheaper to build one
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheaper to build one

NOT really...aleast an ALL Colt one sans the strippped lower receiver.

For  a rifle with a REAL M16A4 upper and stock/lpk, with MCKAY lower, I am at about $1020.....
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:40:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Lol better remove that link before the ARF.com gods smite thee.  Get the FN15 lower, black out the FN laser logo and have the real FN logo engraved.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:40:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Cheaper to build one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheaper to build one

The guy seemed worried about authenticity so thought that might be an option if he is concerned about rollmarks and other markings.  You can always build a PSA cheaper than about anything you can buy but not everyone wants to go that route.  He said he wanted it as close as possible to the real thing... that is as close as you are going to get.  Having the spikes, PSA, or whatever rollmark on something I am trying to make "authentic" would really piss me off in the long run.  Not that these are bad rifles, they just aren't as authentic.

Quoted:
80% and have it engraved with whatever rollmark you want.

I think that engraved rollmarks look kinda f'd up compared to the stamped.  Don't really turn out "authentic" looking IMO.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
McKay
View Quote

I would go this route.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lol better remove that link before the ARF.com gods smite thee.  Get the FN15 lower, black out the FN laser logo and have the real FN logo engraved.
View Quote

Haha its the only place i can find it in stock at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i am on the hunt for a lower receiver for my M16A4 build and all the modern ones i find are all marked Cal. Multi and have images instead of SAFE and FIRE

i am anal about building as close to the real deal as i can and markings are kinda important to me.

any help is great. thanks
View Quote

There is a load of lowers on the market these days. I recommend that you start Googling and take a look at what is going to suit you best. We can make suggestions all day long, but until you look at what is out there, it is not going to make any difference. I do not mean to the rude, but there are questions like this asked all the time. There is a M16A4 clone thread here that may give you some ideas. Also, like someone said, buy an 80% lower and finish it out and have it engraved with the markings you need.

M16A4 pic thread

I used this one for mine.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:05:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

<snip>

Holy moly jrs!!!  You've been posting a lot of nice specimens lately (maybe you have for a long time but I just noticed in the past few days).

You should just make a thread with all of your pix in it.  We all could use it as a photo reference!  Not only are the pictured weapons nice representations of the various models, the pix are high quality as well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#18]
LMT

Or

FN (but it has a laser engraved "FNH" logo on the other side of the mag well)

Or any Colt lower.

Actual M16A4

I'd personally go with the LMT
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

<snip>

Holy moly jrs!!!  You've been posting a lot of nice specimens lately (maybe you have for a long time but I just noticed in the past few days).

You should just make a thread with all of your pix in it.  We all could use it as a photo reference!  Not only are the pictured weapons nice representations of the various models, the pix are high quality as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>

Thanks. Maybe one day I will do that.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top