Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 5:34:45 PM EDT
I went to install my B.E.Meyers FH, and it came with just a washer.  It did not come with a crush washer, shims, or peel washer.  Do you just tighten it to wherever it stops like a Vortex, or are the prongs supposed to be parallel with the sides.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I went to install my B.E.Meyers FH, and it came with just a washer.  It did not come with a crush washer, shims, or peel washer.  Do you just tighten it to wherever it stops like a Vortex, or are the prongs supposed to be parallel with the sides.
View Quote

I don't think it matters how the prongs are oriented.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think it matters, but mine was pinned by Adco on a 14.5" barrel and the prongs sit at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think it matters, but mine was pinned by Adco on a 14.5" barrel and the prongs sit at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock.
View Quote

Did they use the washer?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did they use the washer?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did they use the washer?

No indexing required.  I used the washer and just tightened it like any other FH.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the feedback folks.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Did they use the washer?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did they use the washer?

They didn't use the supplied washer, but I would imagine they did shim it to get correct indexing. Or maybe the FH just fit my Colt barrel perfectly. Haha yeah right.

ETA: by correct indexing I mean cosmetically of course.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:58:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No timing required, the washer is included for use on M249s and barrels when needed.

View Quote

Thank you.   I'll remove the washer than.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Generally speaking, would a prong style FH like the Meyers be more effective with the prong at 12 o'clock or does orientation have no effect on performance?

Yes, I know a2 fh have slots pointed up and they work fine, but would having the flash "vented" away from your line of sight be better?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Generally speaking, would a prong style FH like the Meyers be more effective with the prong at 12 o'clock or does orientation have no effect on performance?Yes, I know a2 fh have slots pointed up and they work fine, but would having the flash "vented" away from your line of sight be better?

View Quote

There would be no difference.  I asked because I couldn't figure out why it came with a washer.  The washer makes sense when used with M249.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top