Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2012 10:29:39 AM EDT
What's the best kit to convert a fixed-stock to a collapsible carbine stock?
Ideally, would like to use a Magpul CTR buttstock.
Also, how do I know if my rifle needs the commercial or mil-spec version?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#1]
you can find the whole magpul kit for around 100 dollars might as well get the whole thing
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
you can find the whole magpul kit for around 100 dollars might as well get the whole thing

Yup. Otherwise a 6pos mil spectube kit cann be had for $50.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, the least expensive combo I could find was about $120. I think I understand that you buy the same type of extension kit and stock. Any advantage to one over the other? The mil-spec extension kits appear to be selling at a slight premium right now. Does it matter which type you get?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]
dsgarms.com has good deals on magpul kits getem while they last
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Th milpsec is slighty stronger due to teh nature of the machining.  IF you'll never throw your rifle, run and gun hard with it, or mortar it frequently, you'll never know the difference.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Many thanks!
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:17:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
dsgarms.com has good deals on magpul kits getem while they last

Dang - I wish I saw that before I ordered an FDE set all separate.  Oh well, Teach me a lesson to shop around first.

That is a great deal!
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:18:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I had some thoughts about replacing my A2 with an A5 set up. Some research uncovered the standard Vltor A5 receiver extension that goes with the Emod stock and an extension that allows the use of the mil spac stock of your choice. From the reviews I've seen, that may be what I do.
Sadly the A5 spring and buffer kit is out of stock like everything else right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top