Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2011 2:30:40 PM EDT
So I literally just received it and took it out of the package.  A little background on the build.  The gun is going to be a 6.8 gun, 16" nitrocarb barrel from ARP in 6.8x43, upper and lower is PSA bought stripped, PSA lpk, going to wear a Vltor or Magpul stock and may possibly get the camo krylon treatment since this is going to be my hunting rifle.  I first found out about this handguaard over on Enos' website and after some research, didn't know much about it cuz there ain't a whole lot out there.  I was able to find that it is the same as the Loki Weapon Systems handguard but is priced cheaper.  One thing I liked was the fact that it attaches to the factory barrel nut.  It has a unique clamping system and also has a cool lockup with the barrel nut so it won't move.  Once the barrel nut is on and it clamps to it then you attach the actual carbon tube with 3 screws.  Upon taking the handguard out of the package it is very nice.  The handguard has a very uniform carbon weave and looks very nice.  It is not smooth like it has a thick amount of epoxy on it but it feels great in the hand, I like it having a mild texture.  This is not a bad thing at all.  If you run your finger over it from side to side around the tube its smooth but back to front you can feel the slight texture.  I do not have the barrel for the gun yet so I cannot comment on how it makes the balance of the gun feel but I can say this thing is light!!!  I do not have a scale with me but do have one at work and can weigh it if anyone is interested in knowing.  It does have places to attach rails, one set of slots on the bottom and then sets at the 2&3 o'clock position and 9&10.  I took a lot of pictures and will explain them, if anyone wants another picture just let me know.  These are taken with an HTC Evo so the quality isnt the best.

All wrapped up upon arrival, packed good

Unpacked with instructions

Comes all together, loose though so its easy to get apart

Minor countersink for the screws that attach the tube, machined in very nicely

One piece of the clamp that interfaces with the barrel nut, barrel nut goes through this and screws on

Other piece of clamp

All together so you can get the idea of the clamping system

Overall pic of the gun, handguard is just on loose, don't mind the dirty socks, shouldv'e had the five fingers on again

Pic of the gap between the receiver and the handguard, very small gap but was expected

Overall I am very very pleased with this handguard, especially for the price of $135.00, $144.00 shipped to my door.  The only thing I could thin that it lacks, which I will not be using anyway, is a place to attach a front flip up sight.  There are no slots on the top to attach a rail piece to attach a sight to but since this is a hunting rifle it'll be getting a scope anyway.

Thanks for looking

Matt
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#1]
That looks very nice. Let us know how it feels after the final install and some use. I may be ordering one of those for my next build.

ETA: Can it be installed on a rifle without removing the barrel nut? I have a rifle with a perm attached muzzle brake and a factory barrel nut. I suppose I could just loosen the nut and slide that clamp behind it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That looks very nice. Let us know how it feels after the final install and some use. I may be ordering one of those for my next build.

ETA: Can it be installed on a rifle without removing the barrel nut? I have a rifle with a perm attached muzzle brake and a factory barrel nut. I suppose I could just loosen the nut and slide that clamp behind it?

I can't wait to get the rifle finished, so far it feels great just holding the rifle.  As far as the barrel nut is concerned, it has to be removed because you have to put it inside the one piece, once I get home I will take a pic of it all together.  Thats probable the only downfall of this handguard for the guys with permanent muzzle devices already on their guns.
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Alright, here are the pics of how the barrel nut interfaces with the mount.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top