Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2011 9:01:19 AM EDT
I am thinking about getting rid of my Daniel Defense Omega rail and obtaining the Centurion Arms C4 instead.  Reason?  It's so hard to clean the surface of my barrel with the DD rail.  The Centurion rail is a two piece unit that would (should) make cleaning easier.  Will it mount on my existing barrel nut without modification just like the DD Omega rail?  For those who have used or are using the Centurion C4 rail (or have also used the DD Omega), what are your thoughts about me switching?

I am working graveyard tonight, so I'll have to go to sleep right now and sorry for not being to able to reply until tomorrow.

Many thanks in advance!

PS - I also like the "anti rotaional tabs" feature that Centurion rail has.  I don't think DD Omega has that feature?
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Stickman has one, looks pretty slick.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine, it is amazingly solid, better then I expected.

FWIW:  I chose it for many reasons, non of which include the ability to remove it for cleaning. It will likely stay on until the barrel comes off.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The C4 rails goes directly onto your existing mil-spec barrel nut, I like it because the way it looks and how much lighter it is compare to the Troy rails. the weight is on par with the DD lite rail but at lower price point.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:28:56 AM EDT
[#4]
SMGLee:

Thank you so much for the pictures!  Am I correct to say that the C4 will mount directly on the existing barrel nut, but the delta ring must be cut off?

I apologize to everyone for not responding sooner - I have a weird work schedule and silly side projects / activities that take up lots of my time.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:16:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
SMGLee:

Thank you so much for the pictures!  Am I correct to say that the C4 will mount directly on the existing barrel nut, but the delta ring must be cut off?

I apologize to everyone for not responding sooner - I have a weird work schedule and silly side projects / activities that take up lots of my time.

Yup, just dremel off the delta ring and the spring under the delta ring to expose the barrel nut and clamp the rail on.
No need to even take the barrel off.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the 7'' version on my carbine.
yes it will fit the factory barrel nut and you'll have to remove/cut the delta ring & spring.
you'll also have to cut/remove the handguard cap.

ETA for pics

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:34:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
SMGLee:

Yup, just dremel off the delta ring and the spring under the delta ring to expose the barrel nut and clamp the rail on.
No need to even take the barrel off.

Well, that puts a damper on everything.  Dremmel tool + me + AR =

I tried to be cheap a few months ago and started grinding off my LE6920 front sight base and the hand guard cap so I could have a "low profile" gas block in order to use a 12" rail and install a clamped on front sight tower right behind the flash suppressor.  The intention was to make my own dissipator instead of going to a smith (I'm a tight wad).  What did I end up with?  A completely fudged up upper assembly that looks like a cut up cadaver.  Ever since then, I vow not to have anything to do with a cutting tool when it comes to an AR anymore.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:20:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have the 7'' version on my carbine.
yes it will fit the factory barrel nut and you'll have to remove/cut the delta ring & spring.
you'll also have to cut/remove the handguard cap.

ETA for pics

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9255/imag0026.png

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5184/imag0027.png

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/9544/imag0029.png

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/3393/imag0030.png

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1706/p4250003z.jpg

Frens: thank you very much for posting those pictures - I am very tempted.  I really got to think about it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:23:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that puts a damper on everything.  Dremmel tool + me + AR =

I tried to be cheap a few months ago and started grinding off my LE6920 front sight base and the hand guard cap so I could have a "low profile" gas block in order to use a 12" rail and install a clamped on front sight tower right behind the flash suppressor.  The intention was to make my own dissipator instead of going to a smith (I'm a tight wad).  What did I end up with?  A completely fudged up upper assembly that looks like a cut up cadaver.  Ever since then, I vow not to have anything to do with a cutting tool when it comes to an AR anymore.

If you are still using that same weapon, the Centurion Arms rail would be a simple install at this point.  The rail will cover the FSB/ gas block, and hide however good it does or doesn't look.  

I am thinking about doing just that - there is nothing worse I can do at this moment to that upper anyway.  Might as well just go ahead and cut off the delta ring.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Stick, even your pictorials are bad ass.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Using one right now on my new AR. It really is fantastically light for the length, and is cheaper than all of the competition.

Yes, it's silly easy to install. Clamp around barrel nut, use carry handle on top across upper receiver and rail to line up the rails, tighten down the hex nuts. Done.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice rifle, I like that it's not covered in garbage. Nice sights too!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh it's got more garbage on it now. Rail covers, TLR-1 with tapeswitch, and a BAD lever. But that's it. Down the road, an optic will be going on, but it's irons for now baby.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top