Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2011 3:55:25 PM EDT
I just received a FA BCG from BCM,  Do they test fire these ?
This is a stand alone BCG, is not from an Upper
Reason I ask is that this is obviously used.
It has had several rounds fired as there is carbon build up on the bolt tail and Brass from fired cases on the bolt face.
Also rub marks on the bottom of the Carrier.
Is this normal ?

Link Posted: 1/21/2011 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
YES

Be Glad
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Normal. Means it works
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#3]
So looks normal ?
Seems like it has had alot of rounds fired with all the carbon and Brass build up.
This is just a stand alone  BCG, it was not in an upper
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
You're OK.  

Insert into upper

Enjoy

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 3:13:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So looks normal ?

Seems like it has had alot of rounds fired with all the carbon and Brass build up.

This is just a stand alone  BCG, it was not in an upper

They are test fired.  I'm guessing the brass residue comes from the barrel used. Since one test gun probably sees a lot of rounds, but the BCG only sees a few, the test barrel and other parts leave excess dirt and brass on the BCG even though the BCG itself only fires a few rounds in testing.

Pure conjecture and speculation on my part

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Your photo shows very little contamination, certainly not a "used" bolt.  It would be clean if after testing they had dismantled the bolt, detail cleaned it, lightly lubed it and reassembled, but would you be willing to pay an additional $5 for this service?  (Not me).  Any decent new rifle will have this much evidence of firing when you get it, and is normal.  Kind of reassuring actually.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 12:37:36 AM EDT
[#7]
That is evidence that you have chosen well.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine was squeaky clean when it came in.  Do they test EVERY one, or just a few out of each lot?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top