Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2010 10:17:11 PM EDT
I bought some accu wedges for my rifle and then I was going to give some out to my buddies with rifles. We all actually have S&W M&P's. I knew there would probably be some trimming and fitting, but the dang thing wouldn't fit. I didn't read anything about them not fitting in M&P's but after some post face palming

i found a thread where someone mentions they don't work with M&P's because of a higher shelf in the lower. The thread is HERE. They also talk about some alternative solutions.

Tensioning take down pins, Accu Wedge, Foam earplug, and a simple O-Ring.

I went into the garage and guess what... the O-Ring works just fine.

The slop in the recievers was equal at the front and rear pin. So having the O-Ring at the front pushes the receivers apart a little more then needed, but this does the same action of accu wedge. If you have more slop at the rear then the ear plug might work at the rear instead of the other options. Only issues with the accu wedge or ear plug is they may shift/fall out when removing BCG or cleaning. The O-Ring is in the front so it is less likely to be taken apart, and it is also somewhat retained on the front post.

*all photos take from this thread *

I did search but the search feature on this site is retarded, and what's with the limited 30-day timeline?
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 11:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
... what's with the limited 30-day timeline?

Membership has it's priviledges.  

If the slop really bugs you, a foam ear plug works better than an accuwedge. I've never tried to O-ring trick.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I only stated I searched incase a member posted a thread from 30+ days ago.

The O-Ring works good I haven't fired it yet but it did pass a function check and dry fire tests.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Why does the "slop" bother you so much?  Tightening the fit doesn't improve anything.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#4]
It honestly doesn't, I had $8 left on a Visa gift cards and used it on 5 accu wedges and s/h. I stumbled across the ebay item, and bought them. Then I googled "M&P accu wedge problem" and found that thread. I only posted here to share the info. I understand there is no important reason to fix the slop. I just felt like messing with it. The O-Ring fixed it. Anyone need some accu wedges? lol
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Everyone tries to act like a little "wiggle" between the upper and lower doesn't bother them, but somebody felt it was worth the effort to offer lower receivers with a tension screw to tighten the upper/lower fit.  

And ya know, SOMEBODY has been buying all those accu-wedges for the last 20 years.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top