Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 5:43:31 PM EDT
I want to change the gas block on my ORC to a rgular fixed front sight. The factory one only has one cross pin and it isn't as "long" as a startard FS. Can I do this with the factory barrel?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You can, but the barrel will have to be cut for the pins.  ADCO charges $90-$130 to do it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Well crap. What other gas blocks can I put on it then? Maybe a low profile?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know the barrel OD off the top of my head, but I'll venture that someone makes a lo-pro gas block that would fit.  What's wrong with the existing set up?

Visit Brownells' site and look at their gas block offerings.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:25:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I want to put a 9 inch FF rail on it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#5]
If you're going to go lo-pro, why not get a longer rail?  It will fit over a lo-pro block.  There are a bunch of great folding front sights that are handguard rail mountable.  JMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top