Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 61 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By habighk:
Relatively new to posting on this forum. Add me to the list of NZ16ers wishing Trijicon would make the TA31NZ or at least variants with the same reticle and mk262 calibration available to civs in the US.

My own go at getting as clone correct as possible. The exception being the TA31F in red chevron.
https://i.imgur.com/AgBD7IX.jpg

A kiwi glamour shot.
https://i.imgur.com/Iga5SCw.jpg
View Quote
Is the FAB defense grip the actual one they're using?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 2:54:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: habighk] [#2]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
What VFG is that? Is that what the NZ using...I've had a hard time finding that out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
What VFG is that? Is that what the NZ using...I've had a hard time finding that out.
Originally Posted By Capta:

I mean.. I honestly  can't say with verifiable 100% certainty, but in all of the pictures I've seen it does appear to be the quick release version of the 7 position folding grip, FAB Defense T-FL QR
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally brought the Mlok MRP out for the first time today. Shot a few hundred rounds consisting of m193, m855 and IMI mk262.

Link Posted: 11/18/2018 1:24:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#4]
Honestly, if this isn't the epitome of perfection than I don't know what is.

Absolutely cutting edge, and bombproof.   I consider current flavored SR15s to be the only alternative at the top.  I'd love to take AR415's rifle, and a brand new SR15.....and see which one melts down first.

If the LMT has the enhanced bolt....I'm betting on the MARS MLOK MRP.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Those of you with the MARS lowers. How do you like the right side bolt release? How easy is it to get your finger on it to drop the bolt? Do you have to pivot your hand to reach it?

It just seems so high. I really wish they could have designed it be more like the KAC button, but somehow also included the bolt hold open.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 1:40:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AR415:
Finally brought the Mlok MRP out for the first time today. Shot a few hundred rounds consisting of m193, m855 and IMI mk262.

http://i.imgur.com/AcJE8Vf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h5ZtwwM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/N60fL3I.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nh0W9yV.jpg
View Quote
Loose barrel bolts on the bottom MRP in the first pic?
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 1:51:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#7]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:
Those of you with the MARS lowers. How do you like the right side bolt release? How easy is it to get your finger on it to drop the bolt? Do you have to pivot your hand to reach it?

It just seems so high. I really wish they could have designed it be more like the KAC button, but somehow also included the bolt hold open.
View Quote
Honestly, the reason I'm gonna move over to MARS lowers from here on out after IWS lowers since 2010 is that the right side bolt release becomes harder and harder to engage as the rifle gets dirty.   Not to mention it doesn't give the bolt hold open feature like you said.

The KAC 2 stage is it's last advantage over a MARS, and that's just barely if the LMT has a 2stage trigger OEM imho.  Well nobody will ever beat the KAC roll mark, and "Stoner Rifle"

ETA:  I bet most lefties are like myself and can't drop the bolt with the left side bolt release without at least breaking grip angle.  Now I'm able to use the bolt hold open bottom portion without breaking grip angle.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 3:10:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Loose barrel bolts on the bottom MRP in the first pic?
View Quote
Experimenting with poi shifts with loose barrel

Nah seriously tho... I just snapped some early pics before I buttoned everything down.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 4:08:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tj102] [#9]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By habighk:
Relatively new to posting on this forum. Add me to the list of NZ16ers wishing Trijicon would make the TA31NZ or at least variants with the same reticle and mk262 calibration available to civs in the US.

My own go at getting as clone correct as possible. The exception being the TA31F in red chevron.
https://i.imgur.com/AgBD7IX.jpg

A kiwi glamour shot.
https://i.imgur.com/Iga5SCw.jpg
The original ones were FN made that were initially provided with the 7.62 FN Minimi machine guns that replaced the 5.56 version around 2013. They were also then used to replace the ones provided with the 7.62 DMW (LMT MWS) when that came into general service as the guys preferred them and it also meant only one type of monopod/foregrip in the system. Once the CQB 16/MARS-L was selected to replace the Steyr, it made sense to go with something already familiar and in service. Since then they have transitioned to the same if not very similar one produced by FAB (probably a lot cheaper than FN stamped ones).
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 5:41:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:

Absolutely cutting edge, and bombproof.   I consider current flavored SR15s to be the only alternative at the top.  I'd love to take AR415's rifle, and a brand new SR15.....and see which one melts down first.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:

Thanks

Originally Posted By Tengo1:

I like the overall design of the right side bolt lock/release. For me personally, it isn't difficult to reach the release paddle without pivoting my hand. I just elevate my index finger and hit it around the first joint of my finger.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 2:07:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AR415:

http://i.imgur.com/AcJE8Vf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h5ZtwwM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/N60fL3I.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nh0W9yV.jpg
View Quote
Awesome, simply awesome.
Very well done!
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 12:32:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: STXDobie] [#12]
11.5" MRP, Enhanced carrier, EXPS3-0, Surefire M300 and SR07, Gear Sector Scout mount, Geissele SSA-E, AAC Mini4, KAC micros, Norgon Ambi mag release.

Link Posted: 11/19/2018 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By STXDobie:
11.5" MRP, Enhanced carrier, EXPS3-0, Surefire M300 and SR07, Gear Sector Scout mount, Geissele SSA-E, AAC Mini4, KAC micros, Norgon Ambi mag release.

https://i.imgur.com/LDMDyBq.jpg
View Quote
Very nice.  Perfect combat carbine.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Tengo1: Those of you with the MARS lowers. How do you like the right side bolt release? How easy is it to get your finger on it to drop the bolt? Do you have to pivot your hand to reach it?  It just seems so high. I really wish they could have designed it be more like the KAC button, but somehow also included the bolt hold open.
View Quote
My impressions of the LMT are based on previous ownership of the S&W M&P10 (ambi catch/release 308) and the ADM UIC lower I replaced with the MARS-LS.

The LMT feels similar to the S&W but in ease of bolt release, the ADM wins IMO.  I have several SR-15s as well and the right side release-only is a little easier to find than the LMT.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:47:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtdam24] [#15]
I'll make someone a incredible deal. If you can get the new Geissele Mk16 rail in 9.5" DDC for me I'll send you a LMT CQB SLICK CHASSIS. The rail goes on sale tonight at midnight I believe with limited availability. My chassis is perfect in every way and immaculate, it retails for 899.if I take the time to sell it I'll miss the rail sooo you order the G rail (9.5 Mk16 with the G charging handle DDC color) have it shipped to me directly and I'll send you the chassis. First come first serve, email me directly at [email protected]. If anyone takes me up on the offer I'll post it here so more than 1 person doesn't order it in hopes of trading.

This is your one chance to get an MRP for roughly 395.00......
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#16]

https://i.imgur.com/LDMDyBq.jpg
View Quote
looks good brother. tears to me eyes. Nice seeing it all come together
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
I'll make someone a incredible deal. If you can get the new Geissele Mk16 rail in 9.5" DDC for me I'll send you a LMT CQB SLICK CHASSIS. The rail goes on sale tonight at midnight I believe with limited availability.
View Quote
The sale is 23-26 Nov, so it presumably starts tomorrow night at midnight.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
I'll make someone a incredible deal. If you can get the new Geissele Mk16 rail in 9.5" DDC for me I'll send you a LMT CQB SLICK CHASSIS. The rail goes on sale tonight at midnight I believe with limited availability.
That's what I'm seeing, any takers before I come to my senses?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#19]
We have a winner! @emtothedee has taken me up on my offer
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:42:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spdrcrgts] [#20]
LMT Black Friday Sale -

Some really good deals offered.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By spdrcrgts:
LMT Black Friday Sale -

https://i.imgur.com/nhkSurE.jpg

Some really good deals offered.
View Quote
LMT must have hired somebody within the last year or so to manage civilian sales....as there has been a total 180 in terms of pricing modeling, and product lineup.

I understand blowing out SLK chassis for pennies on the dollar, but Sopmod stocks for $100, 10.5" CL barrels for $250.

MRP Badness #3 has grown in pages twice as fast as the first two.  Other companies should take notice what happens when you lower your prices a tad to invite buyers into the market....cough, KAC...cough, cough.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Brownell's has the 16" MRP CQB for $540 using code FN3 right now.  If you like the quad rail chassis, that's a damn good price.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:01:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: angelbeast6] [#23]
Originally Posted By hammermill290:
Brownell's has the 16" MRP CQB for $540 using code FN3 right now.  If you like the quad rail chassis, that's a damn good price.
View Quote
I hate you...

To clarify:
I love you; my wallet, and wife, both hate you.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By angelbeast6:

I hate you...

To clarify:
I love you; my wallet, and wife, both hate you.
View Quote

Forgot to mention, if you haven't ordered yet I think activejunky is at 4% cash back today.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By hammermill290:

Forgot to mention, if you haven't ordered yet I think activejunky is at 4% cash back today.
View Quote
I don't "activejunky", not yet at least...
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By angelbeast6:

I don't "activejunky", not yet at least...
View Quote
You should.  It's easy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#27]
That MRP continues to tease me at those prices.

I was hoping to snag a .308 BCG on sale to round out my MWS build but no dice.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Once you got LMT...it is hard to justify other ARs honestly.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Once you got LMT...it is hard to justify other ARs honestly.
View Quote
I'll give you that if you take KAC out of the picture. I like my LMT's, but my KAC rifles take the cake.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By sevin8nin:

looks good brother. tears to me eyes. Nice seeing it all come together
View Quote
Thanks again, rest easy knowing it has a good home surrounded by lots of KAC cousins lol.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Can someone point me in the direction of a reputable site to get lmt defender stripped lowers?Thanks FYI 4th cqb upper headed my way. Also ordered the 10.5 barrel from lmt for a pistol build.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jglock53:
Can someone point me in the direction of a reputable site to get lmt defender stripped lowers?Thanks FYI 4th cqb upper headed my way. Also ordered the 10.5 barrel from lmt for a pistol build.
View Quote
Tombstone tactical has them for 99. I've ordered several and had no problems with them
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 4:06:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jglock53] [#33]
I got hooked up with lowers thanks. Now I am trying to think of way to mount a scout light on a few cqbs with 16 inch barrels and get them out toward the muzzle a little further.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Now I have a MARS lower!

One advantage to getting the stripped lower is that you can make it a pistol lower...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks good thats my plan as well with the 10.5 I ordered. I will be using a standard lmt lower though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Well I finally bought the brownells deal on a 10.5 inch upper.  I just kept saying to myself once these are sold off the price is going back up again.  So now I will slowly build up a 10.5 cqb upper.  I also bought the 556 dmr stock for Black Friday sale.  I really like the dmr stock the clicking dents between adjustments makes it simple to return if you change it for another shooter.  Now my master plan to convert my mrp upper to 224 Valkyrie will start happening.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Guess I'm really late to the party on the LMT BF sale. I got my 10.5 barrel ordered. I couldn't pass at that price, it pays for the stamp. First sbr in progress.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Ronin859: Guess I'm really late to the party on the LMT BF sale. I got my 10.5 barrel ordered. I couldn't pass at that price, it pays for the stamp. First sbr in progress.
View Quote
You have chosen wisely.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:40:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Has anyone tried the .224 Valkyrie conversion kit yet? If so lets hear some feedback and see some pics.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:22:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Has anyone tried the .224 Valkyrie conversion kit yet? If so lets hear some feedback and see some pics.
View Quote
I posted mine within the last few pages. I ordered a MLR Valkyrie rifle the day they released them and got the first production rifle made. It’s a hammer as you’d expect, LMT got it right unlike some other manufacturers.

Unfortunately I’ll probably be selling mine as I’m having to downsize my collection significantly to move.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#41]

I'll give you that if you take KAC out of the picture. I like my LMT's, but my KAC rifles take the cake.
View Quote
Both are great...would take either...I much prefer the solid upper receiver though...I personally don't think KAC would be a substantial upgrade over the LMT MARS-L I have.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Question...should I trade my DI barrel setup for the Piston variant? I am a lefty so not having gas blast in my face is extremely beneficial. Thoughts?

If anyone is interested...let me know...I could be entertained into a trade...the 16" DI barrel and Toolfcraft Nitrided BCG is brand new, 0 rounds fired (that can change though soon).
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:12:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4ger] [#43]
Originally Posted By thehun06: Question...should I trade my DI barrel setup for the Piston variant? I am a lefty so not having gas blast in my face is extremely beneficial. Thoughts?

If anyone is interested...let me know...I could be entertained into a trade...the 16" DI barrel and Toolfcraft Nitrided BCG is brand new, 0 rounds fired (that can change though soon).
View Quote
Having shot piston guns with cans installed, I believe you will probably still get some gas to face.  It may work out for you but I've had multiple people tell me they were surprised their piston guns still did this.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Won't have a suppressor for a while...I am leaning more towards a Sandman S or more than likely the new updated OSS Helix QD...with the OSS...wouldn't have to work too much about gas in the face...especially in a piston.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:27:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MonolithicRP] [#45]
Question...should I trade my DI barrel setup for the Piston variant? I am a lefty so not having gas blast in my face is extremely beneficial. Thoughts?

View Quote
I wouldn't do that. External piston AR's don't inherently reduce gas blowback into the receivers.  Most of it comes from the bore so there are a bunch of other variables that determine how much you'll get out of the ejection port and the other openings.

FWIW, I am right handed but I've been shooting lefty as much as I can.  I haven't had any real trouble with getting a bunch of gas in my face when shooting suppressed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the feedback...I don't have much problem with LMTs either...they manage gas very well for a DI gun.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for the feedback...I don't have much problem with LMTs either...they manage gas very well for a DI gun.
View Quote
I agree.  My LMT MRP 10.5 DI gun gives just a little blow back with suppressor, and has flawless reliability with 556 power ammo.
H2, PRI "gas buster" CH, and I'm a "lefty."

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By hammermill290: I wouldn't do that. External piston AR's don't inherently reduce gas blowback into the receivers.  Most of it comes from the bore so there are a bunch of other variables that determine how much you'll get out of the ejection port and the other openings.

FWIW, I am right handed but I've been shooting lefty as much as I can.  I haven't had any real trouble with getting a bunch of gas in my face when shooting suppressed.
View Quote
One thing I always like to teach to people is becoming a proficient shooter with either hand or either eye.

@hammermill290
Are you doing that with both handgun and long gun?  When I decided I wanted to be comfortable with either hand, and either eye, I would typically put 10% of my training ammo toward support side shooting, and then increase to 15 or 20% for a few sessions.

Within a year, I was splitting 50/50 on my ammo and doing both pistol and rifle comfortably.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:39:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MonolithicRP] [#49]
I don't have even a loosely structured approach to it, and I'm not really doing it with handguns yet.  To be honest, I just like shooting rifles so my pistol skills kinda suck even shooting right handed.  I just try to make sure that every time I'm out shooting rifles, I do some left handed.  I'll probably do the same with handguns at some point, but I need to shoot more handgun period.

ETA:  Shooting my AR's left handed is why I'm starting to get some value from ambi controls, especially the safety selector.  I'm putting ambi selectors on most of my AR's because I find that I'm going for that lever with my thumb when shooting left handed and since that part of it was kind of natural I decided to just get the ambi selectors.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Ambi controls make total sense to me...they always have...not just because I am a lefty but because they work....
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 61 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top