Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:03:51 PM EDT
I would like to install my G6 vortex on a DPMS mini sass barrel which is a bull barrel threaded for a muzzle device. Since it has a .920 muzzle diameter, it wont fit into the pocket on the back of the vortex which makes it overlap a standard barrel. Will this be a problem?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:23:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I would like to install my G6 vortex on a DPMS mini sass barrel which is a bull barrel threaded for a muzzle device. Since it has a .920 muzzle diameter, it wont fit into the pocket on the back of the vortex which makes it overlap a standard barrel. Will this be a problem?

Yeah seems like that would cause a problem.  If you really want to use the Vortex, I'd send the barrel to ADCO to have the barrel contoured to the proper diameter to correctly interface with the Vortex.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah seems like that would cause a problem.  If you really want to use the Vortex, I'd send the barrel to ADCO to have the barrel contoured to the proper diameter to correctly interface with the Vortex.

Or just send the flash hider in to ADCO to have the vortex's skirt machined off.  Seems a like this would be the cheapest way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top