Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2009 8:20:33 AM EDT
if i were to buy a milspec buffer tube to replace my commercial sized tube, could i still use my buffer and buffer spring assembly in the milspec tube? Another question: are lower recievers built for only one type of buffer tube, or are the end of both commercial and milspec tubes (screw in side) the same size to aquire any lower?

The reason im asking is because i am wanting to buy a Magpul MOE stock, being the stock is so cheep and if i were able to use my buffer assembly in a milspec tube ill just spend the extra $20 on a new tube and the stock.

Thanks,
Tiglath_Ashur
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#1]
You can use your buffer and spring and the receiver will accept the milspec or commercial.

Here is a comparison:

* Mil Spec
   * 7075T-6 forged aluminum
   * 7.25" Long
   * 1.14" OD
   * .073" Outer wall thickness
   * Squared End

* Commercial
   * 6061T-6 extruded aluminum
   * 7.8" Long
   * 1.17" OD
   * .085" Outer wall thickness
   * Tapered End
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You can use your buffer and spring and the receiver will accept the milspec or commercial.

Here is a comparison:

* Mil Spec
   * 7075T-6 forged aluminum
   * 7.25" Long
   * 1.14" OD
   * .073" Outer wall thickness
   * Squared End

* Commercial
   * 6061T-6 extruded aluminum
   * 7.8" Long
   * 1.17" OD
   * .085" Outer wall thickness
   * Tapered End

ok thank you, looks like i am going to be getting my bushmaster a new stock and buffer tube!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top