Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 7:31:21 AM EDT
Hello.  I have a rifle that I built myself a couple of months ago that I am about to sell.  I need opinions on how much I should ask for it.  Here are the components of the rifle:

Vltor MUR Upper Reciever with Forward Assist
LaRue 12" Handguard
Noveske 16.1 SS Barrel with Chrome Lined chamber and Bore (Denny's Guns special with Recon Profile) with matched bolt
Les Baer NM Bolt Carrier
Vltor SS Low Profile Gasblock
Vortex Flash hider
Troy Front Sight
A.R.M.S. 40L Same Plane Aperature rear sight
CMT Charging Handle with PRI Big Latch
3 Tango Down Rail Panels

Sun Devil Billet Lower Reciever
Hogue Grip
Timney Single Stage 3lb Trigger
MagPul CTR stock
LaRue 2-Point Sling

The rifle shoots sub MOA with Federal 69gr SMK's and Black Hills 52gr Blue Box.  It only has about 700-800 round through it and is immaculate condition.  I have calculated that it is worth a minimum of $1500 but I am not sure.  Also, should I try to sell as a complete rifle or sell the upper and the lower separately.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  Pictures below:

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello.  I have a rifle that I built myself a couple of months ago that I am about to sell.  I need opinions on how much I should ask for it.  Here are the components of the rifle:

Vltor MUR Upper Reciever with Forward Assist
LaRue 12" Handguard
Noveske 16.1 SS Barrel with Chrome Lined chamber and Bore (Denny's Guns special with Recon Profile) with matched bolt
Les Baer NM Bolt Carrier
Vltor SS Low Profile Gasblock
Vortex Flash hider
Troy Front Sight
A.R.M.S. 40L Same Plane Aperature rear sight
3 Tango Down Rail Panels

Sun Devil Billet Lower Reciever
Hogue Grip
Timney Single Stage 3lb Trigger
MagPul CTR stock
LaRue 2-Point Sling

The rifle shoots sub MOA with Federal 69gr SMK's and Black Hills 52gr Blue Box.  It only has about 700-800 round through it and is immaculate condition.  I have calculated that it is worth a minimum of $1500 but I am not sure.  Also, should I try to sell as a complete rifle or sell the upper and the lower separately.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  I will post pictures of the rifle soon.  Thanks.

Yeah, worth $1500 I would say, if in good condition.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:53:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
er with Forward Assist
LaRue 12" Handguard
Noveske 16.1 SS Barrel with Chrome Lined chamber and Bore

Cant the barrel either stainless or chrome lined not both?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:03:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
er with Forward Assist
LaRue 12" Handguard
Noveske 16.1 SS Barrel with Chrome Lined chamber and Bore

Cant the barrel either stainless or chrome lined not both?

It's one of the CL SS barrels Noveski did a few years back. They didn't quite get the accuracy they expected and therefore didn't sell to well and they quit making them.  Kind-of like Frankenstine with the "Abby-Normal" brain.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:06:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Whole gun ~ $1400.

Parted out  $2100 ~  $2300.

That Vltor billet upper receiver without the barrel and handguard is big bucks.

It's just how those these things are valued.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree that parting it out will net your more money than the whole gun....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top