Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 6:24:38 PM EDT
No one here out of all places knows if the GG&G Tactical Modular Forearm domonater upper is good?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:02:37 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=378851

Maybe no one that does has read your post yet? Or maybe they just aren't that popular & no one that has read your post owns one? I don't know but I did a serach & posted a link above to one the two discussion related posted that I found (one of those two was yours & the other was an EE ad).
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:49:48 AM EDT
[#2]
www.impactguns.com/store/GGG-1201.html
16.4 ounces for a carbine rail?

That would turn me off right there.

That may be one of the reasons for it's lack of popularity.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one for a short while...

Forearm SUCKS - As mentioned, it's waaay too heavy.

Flip front sight - Best FFS I have owned, including YHM, PRI, and the new ARMS #41.

Barrel - There was some speculation as to who it was actually made by.  Some said CMT/Stag, but GG&G denies that.  I'd say it's no better than Stag though.

Upper Receiver - Again with the speculation, especially since the engraved "GG&G" on the side of the receiver is very similar in style and font to what LMT puts on theirs.

Bottom line, the forearm was a deal killer for me.  Everything else ranged from good to great, but not worth it for me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Does the forearm suck only because of the weight or are there also more reasons the forearm is not good, I like the looks but I want it to be decent also.......your info was very helpful, I almost was going out to pick one up tomorrow but now not to sure, the price is pretty steep and for what they are asking it should all be good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Scraping the GG&G idea, $720 before tax and no bolt group...way to much. Thanks again for all the input and helpful info.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Scraping the GG&G idea, $720 before tax and no bolt group...way to much. Thanks again for all the input and helpful info.

I dunno regarding the price.  BCM, who I'm hearing will be releasing middies in the not too distant future, run $450 w/o BCG, CH or HGs.  Add a quality BCG ($130), CH ($20) and railed forened ($200+) to that price and you're running around $800.

Not saying GG&G is GTG or the equal of a BCM, just that the price isn't out of line for other industry offerings.  Substitute standard HGs, and the cost goes way down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top