Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2008 6:18:13 PM EDT

does anyone have one of these .223 chamber e. r. shaw barrels and can you tell the difference in accuracy between the shaw 223saami chamber any other barrel with a 5.56nato chamber?

I only care about accuracy.  

barrel in question would be NOT chrome lined 4140 chrome moly 1/9 twist.

are shaw barrels acceptably accurate?  would the differences in chambers 223 vs 5.56 make any difference for a shaw barrel?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:31:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Glock, I've had two Shaw barrels (7MM-08) and & (7MM). Neither one was particularly accurate and one was drilled out of concentric. I wasn't impressed and replaced both with Douglas premium air guage. Just my 2 cents. I don't think they're top of the line.
Midlength
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#2]
the goal was to find a barrel with greater potential accuracy, if this could be done for less money then even better, I found a model1sales ershaw barrel with a the options of 5.56 chamber or 223 chamber and the 223 chamber supposedly gives greater accuracy but if the shaw barrels are that bad then a 20" WOA with 223wylde chamber or 20" rock river with 223wylde chamber look like the best choices

I have read that model1sales sells lower quality parts.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#3]
As I recollect, Shaw barrels are basically for hunting rifles, not precision.  I do have a 20" fluted ss and it will do moa, but that's about it.  Just my experience from searches and one barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top