Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2007 5:42:53 PM EDT
Just bought a new Magpul PRS stock to place on my .223 RRA varmit rifle.  Does anyone have a good website or source for step by step directions on the installation of the stock.  It seems relatively easy based on the normal removal/ replacement of an A2 stock, but I just don't want to screw up anything.  help
Shawn
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 12:44:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Just unscrew the bolt on the back of the stock you have now (it threads through the butt plate and into the buffer tube)  Pull the old stock back and off the buffer tube.  Now just take the PRS and slide it over the buffer tube and put that screw back in and tighten it down just like the other one was attached.

Just don't cross the threads on that stock screw and there's really nothing to mess up.

-Mike
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 3:27:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Mike,
Thats even easier than I thought.  I guess I don't even have to mess with some of the other buffer tube parts/springs.

Shawn
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Well actually you do.  The spring that holds the detent for the take down pin will fly out at you when you remove the old stock.  Be careful with that one.  If you are behind the rifle, it will be on the right hand side at the bottom.  After you unscrew the stock screw, pull the stock out, slowly and the the spirng will stay where it is.

Put the PRS on the buffer tube and slowly push it forward, making sure you capture the spring and you compress it properly.

Once that is done, screw in the big screw slowly making sure everything stays put.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:51:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Sig,
I thought I had heard that might be an issue to watch out for.  Have a great weekend.

Shawn
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#5]
And be ready to add some weight to your rifle.  Those stocks are heavy, but I like mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top