Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:48:30 AM EDT
Did Noveske display any new products at SHOT Show (assuming he attended)?  I seem to recall something along the lines of a new barrel profile or two...

Thanks.

Justin
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
According to Cassandra at Noveske, they were too busy to attend this year. I do not know if anything was brought for them by another vendor. My time at the show was brief.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
According to Cassandra at Noveske, they were too busy to attend this year. I do not know if anything was brought for them by another vendor. My time at the show was brief.

That's funny... John was there.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is correct, but he did not have a booth.

C4

Okay... I am a little slow on th uptake I guess, I missed the smiley face there at first (probably should have been a winkey face)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I talked with John at the LW shoot saturday.

Gunzilla-

Were you at the LW shoot?
How come you never chased me down during the show?

I was working... I had a great view of an aircraft carrier though

I was just talking to a buddy of mine on the cell and John's name came up... the guy told me "I standing here looking at him" -- I figured since my buddy was at SHOT, John must have been too, pretty good huh? Think NIS will hire me?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyboby know when the lighter profile Noveske barrels will be released?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#13]
John was there. He brought all 3 barrel weights in 10.5, heavy, medium and light. All were nice.....I'm partial to the medium myslef.
The medium weight 14.5 was on the LW ODA gun.
I tried out his 12.5 and the Leonidas for weight and point. NICE..........
The KX3 is a must if you are a sociable shooter who likes SBRs. It takes a lot of the blast away from the sides and shooter.
The LW shoot had SBRs with and without.......

Simon

2006 is going to be another great year for JNR......that's a prediction.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#14]
"According to Cassandra at Noveske, they were too busy to attend this year. "

That's funny.  My first glance at this post brought me the same thought (Wouldn't he be too busy to go be there?)  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

That's funny.  My first glance at this post brought me the same thought (Wouldn't he be too busy to go be there?)  

Probably a lot less work for him just to go and browse, mingle, etc. then to set up a booth. Just a guess. I really have no idea...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably a lot less work for him just to go and browse, mingle, etc. then to set up a booth. Just a guess. I really have no idea...

This is correct. Ask any company that has a booth at Shot, how much of the show they got to see. The most I have heard anyone say is 2 hours in 4 days.

C4

Word... I don't blame John at all, if you can carry your feature products in a small case with you, why not get out on the floor and do it up like that? Save a bunch of cash and even get to *lurk* a little bit too!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:50:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:13:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
John was there. He brought all 3 barrel weights in 10.5, heavy, medium and light. All were nice.....I'm partial to the medium myslef.
The medium weight 14.5 was on the LW ODA gun.
I tried out his 12.5 and the Leonidas for weight and point. NICE..........
The KX3 is a must if you are a sociable shooter who likes SBRs. It takes a lot of the blast away from the sides and shooter.
The LW shoot had SBRs with and without.......

Simon

2006 is going to be another great year for JNR......that's a prediction.

Simon,

How did that light weight 10.5" look? Is it profiled down like the midweight or is it fluted to lighten it? I've got one on order with Cassandra but I forgot to ask. All replies are greatly appreciated!

Robert
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Tac2cal.....the profile is turned down and not fluted.
I saw some of SHOT, nothing near as much as I wanted to. When you are working a booth, you have to be there to service the people who make the effort to come by.

Denny..a pleasure and an honour to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Simon
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#21]
The lightweight 10.5 has the same contour as the barrel I posted in the above linked 10-8 thread.

NOVESKE!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep, that's what I need! Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The lightweight 10.5 has the same contour as the barrel I posted in the above linked 10-8 thread.

NOVESKE!

More like NOVESKE!!!

Here is a couple of pics of possible future Noveske barrel profiles
6.8SPC 16" barrel medium profile under the H.G.'s

5.56 14.5" barrel light profile under the H.G.'s

John showed us 10.5" barrels in the following profiles:
Standard (Noveske heavy profile)
Medium
Light
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:23:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Excellent looking rifles guys !

New profile or old profile--    Noveske Recon upper or bust

Just waiting for the log jam to break up some
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:49:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Tac2cal.....the profile is turned down and not fluted.
I saw some of SHOT, nothing near as much as I wanted to. When you are working a booth, you have to be there to service the people who make the effort to come by.

Denny..a pleasure and an honour to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Simon

Now you`ve done it called Denny Sir he will get the big head............  Oh, maybe its an age thing...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#27]
I spoke with John a couple times at the show.  I can't remember his associate's name, but I spoke a little more with him than with John, due to John's busy schedule, and flying around like a damned hummingbird at times.  Meeting to meeting, etc.  Anyways, John's associate mentioned something about chrome-lined stainless barrels, which completely intrigued me.  I have an email in with John, waiting on a reply, about that and a couple more things.  

John is a busy man.  So busy, in fact, that if you call him, his wife schedules you to be called back.  John told me he uses the phone twice a day only.  Makes sense, though, with all the barrels and builds he's having to crank out right now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I spoke with John a couple times at the show.  I can't remember his associate's name, but I spoke a little more with him than with John, due to John's busy schedule, and flying around like a damned hummingbird at times.  Meeting to meeting, etc.  Anyways, John's associate mentioned something about chrome-lined stainless barrels, which completely intrigued me.  I have an email in with John, waiting on a reply, about that and a couple more things.  

John is a busy man.  So busy, in fact, that if you call him, his wife schedules you to be called back.  John told me he uses the phone twice a day only.  Makes sense, though, with all the barrels and builds he's having to crank out right now.

His name is Todd....Both are great guys!!!

NOVESKE!!!
Inside joke!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is correct. Ask any company that has a booth at Shot, how much of the show they got to see. The most I have heard anyone say is 2 hours in 4 days. C4

Man I will concur with that statement ...

BK
AmericanSnipers.org
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top