LMT LOWER WITH TWO STAGE MATCH TRIGGER AND SOPMOD STOCK
FULTON ARMORY UPPER FLATTOP WITH DOUGLAS BULL BARREL
PRI FREE FLOAT CARBON FIBER FOREEND
VERTICAL FOREGRIP
HARRIS BIPOD W/ KNIGHTS MOUNT
YANKEE HILL FLIP UP FRONT SIGHT
EOTECH 512

PRICE $2,000

DEALER SAID IT WAS A GREAT SET-UP AT A GOOD PRICE.
WOULD THIS BE A GOOD DEAL OR COULD I FIND SOMETHING BETTER FOR THIS PRICE?
PLEASE RESPOND LOOKING TO BUY SOON
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
You can do MUCH better!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
That's not bad for a dealer price [as in a local storefroned dealer].

I would rather have a SAMSON rail system and throw the ARMS #38 SPR on top of that.  I guess that is lighter as well as providing more rail space and being cheaper and more simple to install.

You might preffer a PRI front sight.  I would probably do a PRI rail mounted and just chop an inch or so off the SPR mount to allow room to install.  

You may want something with magnification with a match grade barreled rifle.  like an SN-4 1-4, or Leupold CQT with the new optional custom shop BDC reticle, or an ACOG or Leupold M2 MRT or M3 MRT.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You can do MUCH better!

-Foxxz

Allow me to rephrase. Thats an expensive AR. You can get a more resonable AR for around $1k-$1.5k. Try DPMS or Bushmaster.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Seems abit strange, "bull" barrel but yet it has an EOTech red-dot, most boat anchors designed to be "tack" drivers come with serious optics for long range.

My suggestion, TELL US what you'd like to DO with your rifle, ie...

long range shooting

just plinking and for SHTF

3-gun match type

this will allow for a better determination of the product above.........

Mike

ps - btw, using all caps is considered YELLING, and impolite......, welcome aboard
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome.

For your first AR, I suggest that you go bare bones.  Get a RRA lower for $100 and order a J&T M4 kit with upper, parts and stock for about $550.

Build it yourself - you will learn a ton about the weapon and all the instructions are right here on this board.

After you build your first one, then you can think about how rediculous it is to drop $2k on a rifle that you now know how to build for $1000.

Just my .02

X
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry about the all caps. New to the forum. I would like to use this as a long range target rifle and for some varmint hunting.  Eotech was on there because I could not afford a high dollar long range tactical scope at this time. Thought it would be good out to 100 yds. until i could afford a better scope.  any suggestions about overall setup of rifle would be greatly appreciated. Anything I should add or take away. Also wondering if the douglas barrel is a good barrel. I know there are a lot of manufacturers out there. thanks for the responses already.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Well... that changes everything.

Perhaps the gentleman over in aisle 3 can help you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top