Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 3:39:12 PM EDT
I have a  new Gemtech Halo suppressor I would like to sell.  What are the steps in completing a consignment sell with a ClassIII dealer.  Also, any recommendations for a Class III dealer in Colorado.

Thanks for any information.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Your best bet is to sell it yourself. If you try to sell it on consignment at a local Class 3 dealer's shop, you'll have to transfer it to the dealer first (which will cost you $200 up front.)
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If you sell it to someone else in your state, you won't need a dealer to go through.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I think his intent on using consignment is to:
1.)  Reach a larger market.
2.)  Not have to deal with asking about it.

I would suggest trying to sell it here in the NFA EE.  You can specify an in-state buyer only (no need for a dealer to transfer it) or even deal with out of state shipping if you want.  Shipping out of state would be very unlikely unless you had a ridiculously low price, since $400 in transfer taxes would be involved.

For example:
New HALOs have an MSRP of $675 + $200 = $875.  If you sell it in-state, you could probably get $550 for it, and the buyer would be into it for $750.  If you try and sell it out of state, the buyer would be looking at $400 in taxes, which means he wouldn't buy your suppressor for any more than $350.  That means his total outlay is $750.  If you tried to sell it out of state for $550, it would cost more than having the buyer order one through an in-state dealer and save the extra $200 transfer tax.  Follow?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top