Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 12:30:03 PM EDT
I know there are hydraulic buffers, standard, H, H2, and H3.  On my M4 I have the H buffer on a Colt collapsable stock.  I changed the barrel from a standard M4 to the heavier M4 (full under the handguards) and just got to wondering which buffer is the correct one.

I am unsure how the military denotes which buffer should be used.  Are they going by simple upgrades, IE- its just a reliability package, or going by which barrel is installed on the carbine?

No need to go into the differences between them, I already know that.  Just wondering how they decided which buffer goes in which configuration carbine.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's not too much trouble to the OP, I wouldn't mind if somebody explained the difference.  Also, would a hydraulic buffer stop that "SPROING!" sound?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The "sproing" noise you hear is normal.

Might be normal, but it's kinda irritating.

Thanks for the information.  I was looking at the Enidine ones, seeing that you run one is definately an endorsement for them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:20:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Walrus, do you happen to shoot an M1A or Garand?  Or any other gun that uses grease?  If so, pull out your buffer spring and put just a very very thin film of grease on the spring.  I mean very thin, almost not visible.  You may be suprised with the results.  I've done this and it quiets down the noise a lot more than you'd think, and in my experience has not affected reliability at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top