Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 11:54:18 PM EDT
Does anyone know what markings there would be on an A2 FN upper? thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#1]
There are no "FN" markings, they use the same forging subcontractor's as everyone else. Generally
- the "splintered A" for Anchor Harvey
- the "keyhole" for Cerro Fabricated
- the "birdshead" for Cardinal Forge
but there are several others, like Continental Machine Tool, that don't use forging marks.

FN barrels are marked "FN MP 1/7NATO"  in front of the FSB.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#2]
There are FN markings on A2 receivers.  Many, if not most, will have an "F" stamped next to the forging mark, which could be a number of things, as mentioned above.  Does this cover all FN A2 receivers?  I don't know, but for a time, it covered alot of them.

BTW, anybody selling an "FN" A2 receiver in the civvy market is likely stretching the truth just a bit.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

BTW, anybody selling an "FN" A2 receiver in the civvy market is likely stretching the truth just a bit.

Pure speculation at this point, but now that the USMC is going (has gone?) over to the flat top uppers on their M16 rifles, it's possible that we'll see some milsurped A2 uppers out there sooner or later.

Hope so anyway
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pure speculation at this point, but now that the USMC is going (has gone?) over to the flat top uppers on their M16 rifles, it's possible that we'll see some milsurped A2 uppers out there sooner or later.

Hope so anyway

I've personally had two, dark grey, not black, A2 upper receivers with an "F" stamped next to the keyhole forging mark.  I have been told here unequivocally, by an active duty armoer, that these are genuine FN receivers.  I still have one for that rainy day build.  So, yes, I do think they are being 'surped as much as the law allows and as much as can be snuck out.  I was under the understanding that Klinton put a halt to 'surping equipment like this.

ADDED PIC FOR INFO:

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the help guys...I know the Barrel is 100% FN

the upper, the seller said was marked "FA" not "AF" like the Alcoa forgeor the one colt uses that is similiar and based on Mongo001s pic, I may be FN, either way, I have the barrel, which is more important right

thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:40:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

the upper, the seller said was marked "FA" not "AF" like the Alcoa forgeor the one colt uses that is similiar and based on Mongo001s pic, I may be FN, either way, I have the barrel, which is more important right

thanks

Is the "F" a stamping, like above or a forging?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:44:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks

Im not sure...do you know what it would be if it was FORGED "FA" rather than the stamped "F"?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks

Im not sure...do you know what it would be if it was FORGED "FA" rather than the stamped "F"?

Not to be derogatory or anything, but it's pretty obvious to see the stamped "F" in the pic I provided, next to the raised forging mark next to it.  It's sort of hard for me to put it any way.  No offense intended.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:43:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks

Not to be derogatory or anything, but it's pretty obvious to see the stamped "F" in the pic I provided, next to the raised forging mark next to it.  It's sort of hard for me to put it any way.  No offense intended.

I guess I forgot ONE VERY IMPORTANT DETAIL, I dont have the FREAKING upper inhand, I'm paying for it today, and will recieve it soon... OH, and I didnt bother bugging the Seller, as I'm getting it either way, sorry about the forgotten detail

ETA: I've been clobbered with school stuff to do this week, so I havent been asking to many questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top