Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2005 12:10:24 AM EDT
Does anyone happen to have a copy of the instruction sheet for install? I just picked one up new in a bag with both springs but no instructions and I would like to have a copy...Thanks...!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 2:10:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is a scan of the instructions that came with mine.

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Just a follow up for all who care.... I wound up getting a great install instruction sheet from Highpower rifle in .pdf format as well as the actual Knight's tech notes as used "in the back shop". I will be scanning these in as it's a few pages. If anyone would like a copy, email me and I'll send them off. Just let me know which ones you want.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It should be set up properly and the screws loctited from the factory.  There are two disconnector spring sets available for it, 3.5# and 4.5# which I think are red and blue or the other way around.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It should be set up properly and the screws loctited from the factory.  There are two disconnector spring sets available for it, 3.5# and 4.5# which I think are red and blue or the other way around.

Well...Partially true... I just picked up 2 new kits at the same time. One kit was set from KAC but the other was not. No Loctite, no adjustment etc. Both kits were obtained from KAC at the same time. I spoke directly with KAC and they were VERY helpful..including taking the time to pull their own notes out of the binder and FAX them to me. Very cool. Even according to them they should still be fine tuned for each specific lower. The blue 4.5 spring is the default spring that is usually installed. Mine also came with red springs as well. Considering what I paid for the pair....which was a very very good deal...it's OK with me that I have to learn properly how to set them up....
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, they must be slipping.  I had to order my red disconnector springs seperately but all 4 of my triggers, including 1 full auto set were all perfectly setup from the factor and the screws loctited.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wow, they must be slipping.  I had to order my red disconnector springs seperately but all 4 of my triggers, including 1 full auto set were all perfectly setup from the factor and the screws loctited.

Maybe...LOL... The triggers are really nice though. I find it interesting that they want you to use RED loctite...! But...since I paid $450.00 for the pair complete with both springs I'm happy.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I said red springs, not loctite.  The locktite they used on all the screws was blue...

I have tried to adjust a couple of them, but ended up right back where they were set by the factory, but I wanted to try to improve them.  All triggers can use fine tuning, but honestly the KAC triggers have been the best I have tried and I have tried them all, they are even better than the (unmodified) Jewels I have had.  Pricey, but you are getting a lot of trigger and ones that you shouldn't have to tune up much if at all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL..Ya..I know you said RED springs...But FWIW...according to KAC Factory Tech notes...RED LOCTITE is supposed to be used although all that I know use blue.

look at edwin907's post above #277 IS RED LOCTITE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top