Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 5:50:15 PM EDT

It's # 5 in the picture.  I am considering making up a carbine that will look somewhat like an XM-177, but want to keep the 16" barrel length.  Has anybody ever used one of these?  Have a pic to share?  Would it work with a mid-length upper setup?  Inquiring minds want to know.

TIA for your replies..
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Heavy and reduces cooling ability.  But it looks kewl, I guess.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]

This is Bushmaster's reverse flash suppressor on their 16" superlight weight barrel.

It is a heavy chunk of steel. Rather amazing how heavy it is. But that said the rifle balances at the slip ring with it on and at the pivot pin with a birdcage/Phantom flash suppressor. There is a subtle difference in how the rifle handles between the two. I really can't decide which way I like it, but I've shot the gun more with the reverse f/s on than not.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Why?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top