Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 8:32:47 PM EDT
I would welcome input regarding the accuracy potential of M&A stainless bull barrel varmint uppers; member posts have shown RRA logo on the upper and the statement on the M&A website indicates that Wilson blanks are then rifled to their specs by a current military contractor (RRA?)

The M&A kit seems to attractively priced, and I am anxious to get started building my first black rifle. However, I want to be able to shoot MOA with this kit and an upgraded trigger.

Anyone willing to share their experiences? By the way, this is my first post; my compliments to the moderators and contributors of this site!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be interested as well
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Who we refer to is LMT (Lewis Machine and Tool)... they do the barrels.

Your information is otherwise correct, but for the markings. All of our stuff is to USGI dimension by current US Govt Contractors. It really can't be any more explicit than that. Our manufacturer of bolts amazes people when they get them and figure out who they are, but they prohibit us from publishing their name. Sometimes folks balk at that, but we have to hold to the promise.

They are absolutely capable of shooting 1 moa. We hear that question a lot- it sounds like you already have the correct answer to our immediate reply which is, "Are you capable of shooting 1 moa?"

We have received some definitive letters from long distance shooters from Iraq. They seem to like our barrels and varmint kits. They (and the USGovt) don't seem to want fluted barrels, so we have very few Varmints in that configuration... no demand from the G.

Veronica at M&A Parts

See www.mapartsinc.com/theRant.asp for "Katrina & The Cops"... stories from the field.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Aprox. 5-6 years ago ( I know, long ago story ) I built three of their 24 inchers and not a one
of them shot over 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups at 100 yards using UMC 55 grain ammo. My friend
put an adjustable trigger in his and his group size improved noticably.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top