Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 3:19:59 PM EDT
Can you modify a reciever from its originally manufactured form without it being classified as a MG??  I am not making it a full auto, its still and gonna remain 1 shot at a time.  But for looks I want to install the pin above the selector switch and get the AUTO engraved.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged for entertainment purposes only.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
it is my understanding that if you drill the hole it is a machinegun,  regardless of wether or not you install the parts.  as far as the markings go, you can mark it with AUTO,  but cannot use a full auto selector?  so, the switch will only go to the SEMI mark anyway.  someone else probably knows the answer to this.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Drilling the auto sear pin hole = Bad juju...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Drilling the hole would be a very bad idea. Engraving the AUTO would be fine, but like it was stated before the switch will never go into the AUTO position.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top