Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 10:19:22 PM EDT
I have looked over the archives and live threads. Informed advice sought!

I am seriously considering installing a railed handguard on my M4gery. It will be used to secure a vertical foregrip, white light ... at times an optic, bipod. My general criteria, probably the usual for this type of hardware:

>> Free floated.
>> Installs w/o removing barrel and gas block/sight base.
>> Fairly priced.
>> Solid attachment.

The Troy Industries MRF-C currently is my top pick of the hardware out there of which I am aware; the T-numbers are a plus.

Lighter, as long as the other factors are not compromised, would be better for this type of rig.

Given my criteria, above, anything else out there I should be checking out before I buy?

Thanks in advance for your informed advice. Regards,
mib2000
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The Samson Manufacturing Corporation's model Modular Railed Forend Samson (M.R.F.S.) are the closest to the Troy rails.

In the past Samson was manufacturing the rails for Troy then they split up.

Their differences are very minor, lettering, mounting and the lock for the lower half.

The Samson could be ordered with custom markings but will take a while for their engraving.

Samson is also a military supplier.

If you're interested contact Talon Arms in the Equipment Exchange boards, they're great guys to deal with.

I have a Samson rifle length and a mid length rails.

Ref. Samson website link
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:18:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:22:46 AM EDT
[#4]
+1

That's a really great price.

The reason I got mine was Samson was on special at the time and had the lowest price when the first large production batch became available.

If I didn't have my rails already, I'd jump on this deal!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#5]
man thats a good price!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I was feeling lazy, so I bought a Troy from Grant, easy on, very solid, and for $225.00, IMHO look no further.  I will add that I will never buy one again, LaRue all the way.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Folks, thanks for weighing in so far!

Any other opinions out there?

brian,
If possible, please clarify regarding your comment about LaRue. Guessing your remark is just based on LaRue's overall well-known quality?

Though IIRC, the LaRue hardware requires the barrel and such to come off for installation.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#8]
what is a 4th gen Troy? how to check what gen is mine?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top