Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:58:45 PM EDT
Which buffer do you or would you run for a 10.5" upper? H, H2, H3 or other? All advice, info & replies are greatly appreciated!

Robert
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
MGI
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm running Enidines for my 11" L-W gas pistons. They have been testing them and the results are really very impressive to say the least. If you go over to the LW forum, you'll see a couple of our smaller statured shooters at work. There's a nice one of the rifle in full recoil with the brass just flying out and it's rock steady.

My lowers will also support .499 uppers and the Enidines take a lot of the bite away.

It's even better when you have the switch set to happy.

I'm running Magpul M93Bs so the issue of rifle tube compatability is a not.

Simon
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:02:58 AM EDT
[#3]
'H' buffer at a minimum, MGI or Enidine buffer if you can.  Both the MGI and Enidine offer smoother firing (and reduced cyclic rate in full auto).
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:11:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm also leaning toward a 93B because I don't have one. The 93B's take rifle buffers? Or, is it that they can because of the length of the tube but they normally use carbine buffers. From my other posts, I'll be using a Noveske brake but the gun will be semi.

Robert
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#5]
All M93 use carbine buffers only.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:03:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
All M93 use carbine buffers only.

yep
and +1 for the mgi
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:28:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had great luck with the H3 buffer in my 10.5". It’s got around 1200 rounds through it now with zero issues. That’s enough for me to declare it a reliable setup.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:17:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Dude....Magpul M93B, Noveske hider, now all you need is a load of Larue stuff and you're an approved ARFCOM Kool-aider

If you're gonna fill paperwork for an SBR.....why not fill a bit more and get a Muzzle Suprressor too?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:53:04 AM EDT
[#9]
It's going to have a Larue 7.0, Larue Aimpoint mount & Troy BUIS which I've got already. I've already got a can. Buy cheap, buy twice!

Quoted:
Dude....Magpul M93B, Noveske hider, now all you need is a load of Larue stuff and you're an approved ARFCOM Kool-aider

If you're gonna fill paperwork for an SBR.....why not fill a bit more and get a Muzzle Suprressor too?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I guess it's better to be part of the little group Lumpy has named "The ** Mafia"?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Do the MGI/Endine buffers really warrant the high cost over the "H" series?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do the MGI/Endine buffers really warrant the high cost over the "H" series?

Yes IMHO.

C4

HELL yes, at least in full auto.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Tac2....I think you're up to quota on Larue.

Me L-W Mafia? Heck yeah....if it fits, that's me. I can live with that. I make no bones that I do business with LWRC.

Sorry Grant....I missed out where my ignorance was superabundant. You must bear with me as I am trying to understand the whole machinations of the ATFE and NFA stuff from afar. In my neck of the world, Joe Civillian has to jump through many hoops to get a .22LR for Small Bore competition. The standard hunting arm is a 12-gauge shotgun. Failure to comply can result in being charged under the Internal Security Act (Increased Penalties) statutes on the unlawful posssession of firearms which can carry a sentence of death by hanging. No civ is allowed mil calibre rifles let alone rock and roll switches or cans.

Sorry for the hijack.

Back to the question at hand.....Enidine or H3? For my purposes, the Enidine provides the performance advantage I'm after for both 5.56 and .499.  I've gone with 11" for the 5.56 barrels to give them a little clearance to allow for mounting QD 5.56cans.

Simon

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:53:09 PM EDT
[#16]
How about the Advance armament cyclic rate reducer has anyone tried these? How doe these compare to the MGI or Enidine?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:16:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I started out with a "H" buffer in my LMT 10.5", but after putting about 400 rounds down range, I found it to be totally reliable with the standard carbine buffer.  Using the "h" buffer, or 9mm buffer, the gun just seems kind of sluggish.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:44:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
How about the Advance armament cyclic rate reducer has anyone tried these? How doe these compare to the MGI or Enidine?

Unfavorably, the others are superior IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:31:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfavorably, the others are superior IMHO.

and to add to that, iirc the aac takes place of the buffer and spring so if it goes so does your rifle

the two discussed here will still function as a heavy buffer if anything were to give
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:02:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Then Endine it is! If that's good enough for Grant & Denny then who am I to argue?? Thanks for all your help guys!

Robert
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
In my neck of the world, Joe Civillian has to jump through many hoops to get a .22LR for Small Bore competition. The standard hunting arm is a 12-gauge shotgun. Failure to comply can result in being charged under the Internal Security Act (Increased Penalties) statutes on the unlawful posssession of firearms which can carry a sentence of death by hanging. No civ is allowed mil calibre rifles let alone rock and roll switches or cans.

Sorry for the hijack.
Simon

Sounds like California in a couple years...  My hijack is done...

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll bite.....send LWRC a sample unit and I'll be happy to face it off against the Enidine we currently have for my guns. If the RRB runs better than the AR-restor, I'll spec it. Please do call Paul LW or Marianne Rosato and they'll fill you in.......

Enidine got a foot up because on eour their affiliates had one running good and they had 2 in the armory that they had never tried!!!!!

Simon
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:28:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ignorance at its best.

For short barreled AR's I would get either an H2 or H3 (have both in stock).

www.gandrtactical.com/cmt.htm

C4

How come you'd recommend an H2 or H3 over the Enidine/MGI line of buffers? Just curious- I'm still figuring out my SBR build.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#27]
I had the H2 in my Commando and just went to the MGI..... It only took a few bursts in FA to realize how awesome the MGI performed.  It smoothed out the shaking during longer bursts, slowed the ratwe donw to a real nice level, and gave me complete control over single shots vs. bursts.   Nice.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top