Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 7:19:24 PM EDT
Anyone have experiece with these?  Opinions?  Thx.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Got one on my Bushmaster M4A3.  Works great, not very loud at all.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The AWB is gone for good.

Forget about this deformed child of that law, and get a real comp, brake, or better yet, a flash hider.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Forget about this deformed child of that law, and get a real comp, brake, or better yet, a flash hider.

The BM Izzy IS a flash hider.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Not in this deformed child of a state.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:19:02 AM EDT
[#6]
the izzy flash hider sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loud as hell and doesnt hide flash very well, even in broad daylight.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Which one?

The Flash-hider version or the Muzzle brake version?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One version is.  The other is a muzzlebrake.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which one?

I have the FH version.  It is NOT loud and like I said before it works very well, day and night.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which one?

I have the FH version.  It is NOT loud and like I said before it works very well, day and night.

the flashhider i had on my 14.5 no-ban m4 rifle sucked big time

much louder than a bare muzzle and you could see flames in broad day light.

click on this link and see what others have to say, pic included
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Have the BRAKE version on my 14.5in post ban build----cuts flash CONSIDERABLY compared to a 16in PLAIN barrel-----but its a flash hider by no means. Loudness???? Couldn't tell ya--- cause I've only shot it wearing first rate hearing protection.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Have the BRAKE version on my 14.5in post ban build----cuts flash CONSIDERABLY compared to a 16in PLAIN barrel-----but its a flash hider by no means. Loudness???? Couldn't tell ya--- cause I've only shot it wearing first rate hearing protection.

how does a brake suppress flash?  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Even though its a brake---it still cuts the flash vs a plain barrel. Not its primary function---but a side effect.

I don't get the big ol fireball like what happens with a plain barrel.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Even though its a brake---it still cuts the flash vs a plain barrel. Not its primary function---but a side effect.

I don't get the big ol fireball like what happens with a plain barrel.

its just directed differently but still there.

a brake could not suppress any flash cause if it did it would have been a no-no in the eyes of the batf

if the brake suppressed flash everyone would have jumped on it during the ban years
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Living in a flash hider ban country, I am afraid that the "best" muzzle break for serious purposes- featuring flash hiding abilities without the noise & blast- has yet to be invented. MSTN sells a quiet control break, but even there some users claim that its terribly loud. Troy has the "medieval break" but Pat Rogers has reported that it does enhance flash & blast. Someone mentioned that they are redesigning it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#17]
to each their own.
i use to have a bushmaster m4a3 14.5 with the izzy flash suppressor and through the acog that was mounted on top i could see the flame.

after noticing that i ask others at the range to shoot it while i looked for the flame. didnt have to look far.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:18:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I have the Izzy F/H version on a 14.5 inch Bushmaster M4A3. To me it works about like a plain A2 birdcage does on my 20 inch Colt Sporter Match HBAR. I had a Bushmaster with a 14.5 inch HBAR with the AK brake that I sold to a buddy. The AK brake is twice as loud and throws a much larger flash than my Izzy flash hider. I wish some one would do a side by side test of the A1, A2, and Izzy flash hiders with pictures.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#19]
That guy in the pic above ain't shooting he's burning away the underbrush with his flame
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:15:34 AM EDT
[#20]
The guy in the pic looks like he is "bump" firing to me. Would not" multi" rounds out the end of the pipe produce a much larger flash
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:30:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:36:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which one?

the flashhider i had on my 14.5 no-ban m4 rifle sucked big time

much louder than a bare muzzle and you could see flames in broad day light.

Flames in broad daylight... yeah, right, whatever.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:48:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I had mine out at the range yesterday, didn't see a flash during any of the 500+ rounds fired.  Weather was overcast, then partly cloudy, then sunny.  No flash.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I had mine out at the range yesterday, didn't see a flash during any of the 500+ rounds fired.  Weather was overcast, then partly cloudy, then sunny.  No flash.  

i guess you have a better made izzy. but are you sure it isnt a phantom?

mine shoots fireballs with xm193, q3131a, blackhills 55gr. remans.

what ammo are you using? have a pic of your izzy?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:21:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I was shooting xm193 and American Eagle.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:06:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was shooting xm193 and American Eagle.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/cpufed/IMG_2369.jpg

dude that looks more like a phantom
v

better pics of the phantom?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#28]
this is a izzy that came straight from bushmaster permenantly attatched onto a 14.5 bbl.

this is a phantom 5c1

notice the rings near the base of the flashhider.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:14:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

v

It came straight from Bushmaster that way, permanently attached to 14.5" barrel.  So are you saying I got a Phantom?  It's a LE version of the M4A3.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

v

It came straight from Bushmaster that way, permanently attached to 14.5" barrel.  So are you saying I got a Phantom?  It's a LE version of the M4A3.

where/when did you get if from?  iirc before they had the izzy fh they offered phantoms, does it have the closed bottom or no?
for a minute you had me thinking you really loved the izzy flashhider the way you were backing it up.

get your facts straight next time before you argue a point, saves face later on
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I picked it up the day the ban ended.  It's open on the bottom.  I guess I never really looked at it that closely until you mentioned the rings.  After I got it I saw the same one on their website and it said it came with the Izzy.  My bad.  Just think of it this way, if we hadn't argued about it, this thread would have been pretty damn boring.

The BM IZZY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that better?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I picked it up the day the ban ended.  It's open on the bottom.  I guess I never really looked at it that closely until you mentioned the rings.  After I got it I saw the same one on their website and it said it came with the Izzy.  My bad.  Just think of it this way, if we hadn't argued about it, this thread would have been pretty damn boring.

The BM IZZY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that better?

either that or it would have died

i remember bushmaster being the only ones i found with the original phantom with the smooth tip.

since its a le model it would explain it better too.

btw. sweet rifle

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top