Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 5:07:10 PM EDT
I see some online retailers selling these. Is there really a purpose for these in a SAW.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't "need" one, but some say they make recoil management a bit easier.  I have one in an M4gery and don't see too much difference.  I have a 9mm buffer sitting in my safe for future experimentation, should I ever get to the range.  Sh!t keeps coming up.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I was having a problem with my 16" M4gery leaving spent casings in the chamber (FTExtract) When I would finally get them out of the chamber, I would find the rim deformed where the extractor popped over it. For the hell of it, I bought a 9mm RRA buffer at a gunshow to try out because that was the hot topic at the time and I heard that they could help solve my problems.

I haven't had a single FTExtract since I put it in (about 1000-1200rds ago) but I did put the CAR buffer back in one day at the range and it went back to FTE again (even with Q3131a) so the 9mm buffer went back in and has been in there since then.

IMO, if you're rifle isn't functioning 99.99%, you might want to look into this, if needed.

BTW, it changed the ejection pattern with Wolf from about 1:30 to about 3 o'clock straight to my right which means the bolt/carrier is moving slower and, in theory, causing less wear.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:03:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Soldiers are stuffing crap in the bottom of the buffer tube here in SWA to manage the bolt speed.  The increased tension seems to help in the minds of most of the troopers toting an M4.  We also have the M4A1 which is full auto and they are doing similar things to that weapon too.  Whatever prayers you can offer up for them is greatly appreciated.
Very Respectfully,
David
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:34:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:53:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Soldiers are stuffing crap in the bottom of the buffer tube here in SWA to manage the bolt speed.  The increased tension seems to help in the minds of most of the troopers toting an M4.  We also have the M4A1 which is full auto and they are doing similar things to that weapon too.  Whatever prayers you can offer up for them is greatly appreciated.
Very Respectfully,
David

sounds like a bad idea imo
i use h-buffers cause they have come free or included with stocks i have bought.

but the majority of my builds/rifles run the mgi rate reducing buffer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top