BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/29/2005 3:02:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Jeeeezus.  $2300 bucks... SBR and me in MI.  The sicknees is getting worse!  My first thought was "well I could get it and just put it in a glass case for display or maybe if I move..."

Somebody slap me!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Jeeeezus.  $2300 bucks... SBR and me in MI.  The sicknees is getting worse!  My first thought was "well I could get it and just put it in a glass case for display or maybe if I move..."

Somebody slap me!

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
linky not worky for me
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:53:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Unless they start building them in the US, they will not be availible. The Barrel import ban also affects these.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:11:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:06:56 AM EDT
[#6]
correct link posted
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Unless they start building them in the US, they will not be availible. The Barrel import ban also affects these.

Would an SBR upper be affected by the import ban?  Since it is an SBR you would be getting paperwork to say it isn't for "sporting purposes".

Spooky
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#8]
If I read the language right on the ban, I would guess;yes it would be affected because it is not a complete weapon system(which can be imported), I am not sure if complete SBRs can be imported though these days either for civilian usage.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#9]
How do you know these uppers are import, and not US made?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Two reasons. HK in VA doesnt have any manufacturing facilties. Second, I have been on a tour of the HK factory here in Germany, and seen the 416s being made.

ETA: The only possible "loophole" is if they are imported as complete NFA or LEO rifles, then the upper is sold.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two reasons. HK in VA doesnt have any manufacturing facilties. Second, I have been on a tour of the HK factory here in Germany, and seen the 416s being made.

ETA: The only possible "loophole" is if they are imported as complete NFA or LEO rifles, then the upper is sold.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  Assuming a wholesale price of $1,500 for a complete rifle, you make a cool $800 profit on the upper alone.  As for a HK semi LEO lower, hmmm!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#12]
What type of steel do they use? It just says Its high quality.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#13]
For $2300 I can have 4 uppers converted to the proven LW gas piston system and use a lot less number of parts.  I love HK stuff and don't mind paying a premium, but $2300, not a chance in hell.  IMHO there is a big difference between being an aficionado and a sucker.

If I had more money than the Pope then sure, I’d get one, but I don’t and my name is not Benedict.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#14]
The best always seems to cost more.

It's tempting, but I'm going to wait till the price gets closer to the $1200-$1700 that I've been quoted many times.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I have an AR180, two FALs, and an AK, I think I can live without another piston system quite happily.   For $2300 they're out of their minds.  They must be looking at the prices their old roller locked weapons are fetching which have been artificially inflated because of the import ban, and think they can similarly command the out of this world price.  I refuse to buy one even at $1500
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have an AR180, two FALs, and an AK, I think I can live without another piston system quite happily.   For $2300 they're out of their minds.  They must be looking at the prices their old roller locked weapons are fetching which have been artificially inflated because of the import ban, and think they can similarly command the out of this world price.  I refuse to buy one even at $1500

Its probably not HK. With the barrel ban in place, the only source will be grey market imports, Uppers removed from LEO or NFA samples.

I dont think prices will go much lower.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I wanna get those nice sights... :) Stottman, do they sell them in Germany ?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They? If you are referring to HK understand that the seller is B. Pritchard. This guy's prices are usually "pie in the sky", typically retail * 2 or more. He was selling HK M4 mags right after the ban for like $100/ea till they ran him off selling without a dealer account.

Use caution when dealing with this clown.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Nope.. Barrels and bolts are a resticted item (receivers are not) anyway, so the process to buy one would be about the same to buy a live gun.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.. Barrels and bolts are a resticted item (receivers are not) anyway, so the process to buy one would be about the same to buy a live gun.

I see, so they are not selling the front/rear sights by themselves even in Germany ?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#21]
They are not selling any HK 416 parts to civilians in Germany, I talked to one of the H&K reps a few weeks ago and at least according to him they will not offer the 416 for civilian sale at this time and quite likely never will. Military price for the uppers alone is over $1700.00 ea. so I doubt anytime soon if they become available that it will drop very much in price-I don't know if there would ever be enough civilian sales to drive the prices down to anything under that if they were ever on the open market.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#22]

The best? At the recent NDIA demo, the 416 went stone cold dead after firing 3 mags on full auto, and had to be completely detail stripped in front of the entire audience. I wouldn't want to have been in Jim Schatz's shoes that day for sure.

Sounds like they have some tweaking to do. Perhaps they have allready done it. It's a bit early to say its the best. Unless you have some information to post that validates your assertion.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The best? At the recent NDIA demo, the 416 went stone cold dead after firing 3 mags on full auto, and had to be completely detail stripped in front of the entire audience. I wouldn't want to have been in Jim Schatz's shoes that day for sure.

Sounds like they have some tweaking to do. Perhaps they have allready done it. It's a bit early to say its the best. Unless you have some information to post that validates your assertion.

I do not care what HFG told you.

When it comes to the HK416 two names quickly come to mind; Larry Vickers and Basicload. You know what I'm talking about.

The conversation ends.

That’s all I need to know about the function of the HK416. Hk the company might suck, the uppers might or might not ever be seen in civilian hands, but you can be damn sure of one thing. They must run like greased lightening.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Jeah, I know who designed it obviously. I also noted that after not posting on LF for quite an extended period of time on because of the Kimber clusterjob, that you took the time to drop in there and tell BL
thanks. Thought that was mildly amusing to say the least. That was shortly after the other 416 thread
that got locked. Like within the hour. Probably just a coincidence eh?

And yes, he has said that he likes it. I obviously saw the post. What he has not said was, conditions in which he has tested it, round counts, any problems that he has seen with it so far. While I certainly respect what he has to say (and trust me he knows that, I bought a holster based upon a personal recommendation from him) it's just one anecdotal report.

Now if you wanna say that it's the 'best' and you have to have one to 'Be Like Mike' then by all means
have it. It's your money after all.

It doesn't negate the fact that the weapon choked the chicked at a recent demo, allthou I'm not so sure
that firing mags stuffed full of various NATO spec ammo really constitutes a valid 'testing' methodology.
It sounds more like showmanship that didn't quite come off.

HFG allready posted about this, and has Grant has stated here and probably told YOU, he is 'the real deal', so if you want to ignore what happened at the demo, then spend away.

I've liked, owned, and shot various HK products, but I'd like to hear some more positive reports before jumping on the 'it's the best bandwagon' regardless of whether or not CAG happens to be using it. If that's YOUR criteria for a purchase, well that's your criteria.

Got any other than some subjective impressions you can provide for anyone here interested in this product, like some data that is NOT pulled from HK promo literature? HFG has provided data about this recent demo shoot, and I am merely reiterating that for those that are interested. Since your mind is made up, I guess you can just ignore it. After all, this is a product promot...err Tech Forum as Tweak recently pointed out

The conversation ends.

I thought this was a forum for discussing the technical merits of various products. So no, as much as you might like, the conversation doesn't end. Delusions of Grandeur nonwithstanding. But by all means, if you feel you've contributed everything you can, then you are certainly welcome to not continue to participate.

ETA: As far as HK the company sucking, I had absolutely no problems getting GOOD customer service from them, with RAPID turnaround. Allthou they were a bit 'dry' about it, they came thru where it really counted: I had my pistol returned to me within 7 days of them receiving it. Pricing? Well, you are paying for Euro engineering so there you have it.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:44:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Pricing? Well, you are paying for Euro engineering so there you have it.

The costs you're paying for an HK (versus a Glock or a SIG) are all focused around the economics of having NO production or assembly facilities in the USA.

With HK, you are funding the full burden of 35-hour work weeks, months of paid vacation each year, cradle-to-grave medical care, generous state-mandated pensions, etc, etc.  Additionally, the area where HK is located is in a pretty high cost-of-living area, even for Germany (I know, I live about 40 minutes from there).

SIG and Glock also don't have to pay for the Euro-spec proof testing of any pistols they don't assemble in Europe.  They also avoid higher taxes and tariffs on the completed weapons that HK has to incorporate into the price.

You pay high prices for HK because of the economics of exporting a weapon completely made in Germany.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the sights (front and rear) can not be bought in Germany? Damn, I am going there in November!! What can you buy while there that is HK related?

ASO544
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone got a link that works? I searched all over shartgooer sturmgewehr and couldn't find anything. Cool, but for $2300 I'll pass.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Anyone got a link that works? I searched all over shartgooer sturmgewehr and couldn't find anything. Cool, but for $2300 I'll pass.

It looks like the add got pulled.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Hmmmm, smells a little fishy to me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Hmmmm, smells a little fishy to me.

He probably ran out.  Bryan is the real deal.  Go do a search on Sturmgewehr for Bryan Pritchard to find his email, then drop him a line if you're interested.  

Josh
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the sights (front and rear) can not be bought in Germany? Damn, I am going there in November!! What can you buy while there that is HK related?

ASO544

Actually, not much. The US is a supermarket of HK stuff compared to Germany.

The only HK rifle parts are either surplus G3 stuff, imports from Turkey, etc, or stuff that is reverse imported from the USA. Its all overpriced.  There are only about 6 gunshops in Germany that even sell that kind of stuff.

Every major German city has a Gunshop called "Frankonia". They might have a couple pistol mags or something for the grand total of 12 pistols (not all HKs) that they might have on display. And buying a pistol here is worse then the Class III process in the US. Not to mention that they will all be more expensive then what they sell for in the US, even HK items.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:32:39 AM EDT
[#33]
I bet after Colt gets done suing HK the HK416 will be no more. IMHO
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#34]
the lawsuite is over, hk settled.  it was only over the anme which is why this is now called the k hk416 instead of m4.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
the lawsuite is over, hk settled.  it was only over the anme which is why this is now called the k hk416 instead of m4.

Gotta link?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#36]
tried google to find some of the news pages but they seem to be taken down as this was a while ago.

the suit was over trademark infringment against hk and bushmaster.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I understand the lawsuit was over the M4 trademark. HK has no contract and Colt does. I bet HK backs out of M4 style weapons all the way and the HK416 will be a short lived item.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#38]
www.colt.com/law/news.asp

Scroll down to the bottom.  It's not the outcome but what they initially sued over.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Hk didnt run me off.Get your facts straight.
Notice your are the only one bitching about my prices?
I will tell you about 20 memebers on this board bought mags at a $50.00 price
Your price was $100 because you pout  too much

As far as the 416 Uppers........too much? Yes I agree but I have them who else in the country has them  to sell? WOuld I pay $2300 for one no

Ihave a question? Do you even own a class 3 weapon or are you just a semi guy? Just curious does not matter one way or another but it would explain your attitude.

Also the Hk PDW barrels.......who else had those? I did

Its easy to whine about other prices and people.......when you should get off your butt and get the same things I do.

Thanks

Bryan

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They? If you are referring to HK understand that the seller is B. Pritchard. This guy's prices are usually "pie in the sky", typically retail * 2 or more. He was selling HK M4 mags right after the ban for like $100/ea till they ran him off selling without a dealer account.

Use caution when dealing with this clown.

Give Bryan a break!! He is a great guy and honorable. Don't kill the guy for the price just because you think it's too much. Since when was anything HK priced reasonable. Colt 11.5" complete upper cost 900-1200 dollars and are plentiful for the most part. A HK 416 upper $2300 is high like everything else HK. But it is gas piston and these are the first I have seen available anywhere. Hell I want one but can't  justify it either. But I refuse to kick anyone in the face for bringing something unique to our community just because it priced too high in some peoples opinions. I love Corvettes but a Porshe will always cost more
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Hk didnt run me off.Get your facts straight.
Notice your are the only one bitching about my prices?
I will tell you about 20 memebers on this board bought mags at a $50.00 price
Your price was $100 because you pout  too much

As far as the 416 Uppers........too much? Yes I agree but I have them who else in the country has them  to sell? WOuld I pay $2300 for one no

Ihave a question? Do you even own a class 3 weapon or are you just a semi guy? Just curious does not matter one way or another but it would explain your attitude.

Also the Hk PDW barrels.......who else had those? I did

Its easy to whine about other prices and people.......when you should get off your butt and get the same things I do.

Thanks

Bryan

Hey AssHat,

Get your facts straight. I never said HK ran you off. Your HK Mag for sale ad was locked and trashed by the owners of this site. The reason being that you are a scumbag with no honor or integrity.

Can I make it any clearer than that??

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#42]
XM177

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT YOU FUCKING MORON
MY ADS HAVE NEVER BEEN LOCKED BY STURM. DUMBBASS BUDDY THE OWNER WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO ME.
ANYONE THAT KNOWS ME KNOWS WHAT KIND OF GUY I AM.

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? A PENCIL NECK GEEK WITH HIS PANTS PULLED TO HIS KNEES AS HE SITS ON THE COMPUTER TALKING TOUGH SHIT.....YOU ARE TYPICAL OF SOMEONE WHO TALKS SHIT AND THEN WHEN CONFRONTED TREMBLES.

GET A CLASS 3 WEAPON TONKA TOY BOY THEN TALK TOUGH AND  BOTTOM LINE IS I HAVE THE GOODS AND ALL YOU HAVE IS A MOUTH AND THE LITTLE MANS DISEASE

I GET TONS OF MAIL FROM GUYS HERE ON AR15.COM WHO HAVE MET YOU AND SAY YOU ARE A DUMBASS AND A GEEK AND ABOUT 145 POUNDS OF PURE IDIOT GEEK.

NOW YOU WANT TO TALK SHIT? I CAN HANG WITH YOU MY FRIEND.
YOUR TOUGH TALKING SHIT DOES NOTHING BUT TO SELL MY STUFF ON THIS BOARD 20 PEOPLE FROM THIS FORUM ALONE BOUGHT THE MAGS AND HK PDW BARRELS FROM ME.

I LOVE THE PUBLICITY ESPECIALLY FROM A BACKWOODS STUMP JUMPING WANNABEE MOTHERFUCKER SUCH AS YOURSELF.

SO IF I OFFEND ANYONE WITH MY LANGUAGE I AM MAKING SURE YOU UNDERSTAND ME.
NOW GO PAY YOUR TRAILER PAYMENT, GET YOUR WIFES TEETH FIXED, GET YOUR TV BACK FROM THE PAWN SHOP AND GO TRY OUT THAT HELL FIRE SYSTEM I SOLD YOU FOR YOUR PARTS KIT AR15

WHEN YOU GET ANYMONE CALL ME

FREAKING MENTAL MIDGET

BRYAN
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Classic, I saved this one, IBTL.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#44]
I can only speak for myself and the dealings I've had with Bryan for over 5 years. 100% smooth transactions. Everything has always been as described or better than advertised to include a M16A2 and a MP5. I would trust Bryan with ANY amount of money!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I would trust Bryan with ANY amount of money!

Search the archive for posts by "BPRITCHARD" and afterwards you might want to rethink that strategy. He considers lying, waffling, and backing out of deals to be an acceptable way of doing business.

Where I come from a man is only as good as his word. And Pritchard's word is for shit.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Hm, these HK upper threads seem to all turn sour sooner or later
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Just got a great E-mail about you XM177 what about that DUI you got 3 years ago?

PLEASE DO A SEARCH ON ME!! WAFFLING ON DEALS? BACKING OUT? HAHAHAHHA

Dude if your married, give me your address and I can come over and take care of your wife..I am sure she is deprived.

Now make sure you lock that office door so the kids dont see DADDY with those britches down in front of the computer.

XM177 YOU ARE OWNED SIR

I would love to share the E-mails from many posters here that have sent me e-mails hahahahaha
I SEE YOU HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS HERE TARD

XM177=BLIVIT

BLIVIT= TWO POUNDS OF SHIT IN A ONE POUND BAG

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Hey everyone I say we all chip in and get XM177 an upper.
I feel for the weak, the deprived, the ignorant.

Ok so do we buy XM an upper or get him a Penis implant? Small man disease ya know.
XM tell your wife to call him........I have a great attorney I am sure she wants out :)

So XM please tell us mr weapons wizard which you have not...WHAT KIND OF WEAPONS DO YOU HAVE? ANY CLASS 3 WEAPONS?
I bet you still have that HELL FIRE equipted SKS dont ya?
And then Im sure you were a Seal..........Im sure the closest you ever came to a seal is walking through the zoo.

You are comical to say the least and its amazing how many people here think your a POS and a weezle.
ANd trust me small boy you have never met me in person or even had any dealings with me. Trust me I am one of those guys.......I am sure that you would not talk shit if you were in front of me.

So continue on goosing your gizzard and talking sheee it whigger boy

Bryan
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks Mod....As you can see I said and did nothing wrong to begin with.
This fruitcake attacked me. I can forward you now over 17 e-mails from posters
here that said he should be gone as this is usual mo slamming people because he cant afford things.

What he has said is totally untrue as well.

Like I said in my post I apologize for my language content, but he cant understand any normal conversation.

Thanks and I appreciate your website

Bryan Pritchard
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top