Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 12:43:22 PM EDT
I just need some feedback on which trigger would suit me best.  Ive got an armalite AR15.  I am looking for something at around 3.5 to 4.5 lbs.  What are the benefits of a single stage over a two stage and visa versa?  Which would help me the most without hurting my accuracy?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Im a pretty good shot, I just am getting a lot of suggestions reguardig triggers.  Please Help!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
get the 2 stage if worriedabouy accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont know much about the significance between triggers and accuracy.  Can someone let me know a bit about it or point me in the right direction where I can find some good info.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:26:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just need some feedback on which trigger would suit me best.  Ive got an armalite AR15.  I am looking for something at around 3.5 to 4.5 lbs.  What are the benefits of a single stage over a two stage and visa versa?  Which would help me the most without hurting my accuracy?

Single stage on a combat type rifle/carbine, 2 stage on a match or hunting rifle/carbine.

I've fooled around back and forth on my M4gery with a RRA 2 stage and lightened springs etc but I've come to the conclusion that this is my 'GO TO' shoulder weapon.  It needs to work and to ensure that I have a stock AR trigger with normal springs.  The only thing I've done to improve its trigger is lightly polish the triggers surfaces and pins.  It has about a 6.5lb pull but it's very smooth.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Single stage on a combat type rifle/carbine, 2 stage on a match or hunting rifle/carbine.

I've fooled around back and forth on my M4gery with a RRA 2 stage and lightened springs etc but I've come to the conclusion that this is my 'GO TO' shoulder weapon.  It needs to work and to ensure that I have a stock AR trigger with normal springs.  The only thing I've done to improve its trigger is lightly polish the triggers surfaces and pins.  It has about a 6.5lb pull but it's very smooth.

The KAC 2 stage uses factory springs too.  I prefer it for anything including a carbine.  Mine is set up for 3.5# and I find it to be perfect and cant be any faster or more reliable with a single stage factory trigger yet I am consistantly better at long range.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want a new trigger, look into Chip McCormik triggers.  Denny and Wes both sell them and they are the simplest to install and are cherry, and only for $160.00.

Matt
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The KAC 2 stage uses factory springs too.  I prefer it for anything including a carbine.  Mine is set up for 3.5# and I find it to be perfect and cant be any faster or more reliable with a single stage factory trigger yet I am consistantly better at long range.

I've got a KAC 4.5 lb trigger in my LMT lower with factory springs and it is easily the best trigger I've ever used.
Since I use this lower with the MRP upper with both 14.5" and 18" barrels I have set it up just a hair heavier than it needs to be and you can take it to the break a 100 times without it dropping the hammer unless you want to.   But it is still perfect for long range accuracy.
After running hundreds of rounds through it, it is exactly the same as where it started, never surprising me even once.  Where as with other 2 stage target triggers I felt I had to be a bit careful with the break, a great example is my Compass Lake 2 stage, with the KAC trigger you can forget about it.
I've heard good things about many other expensive triggers and experienced many myself, but for a lower to be used with carbines and long range uppers, or a MRP with multiple barrels, the KAC is superior to the rest.

The only bad thing about it is that after experiencing it's performance, I want another one for my Bushmaster dedicated target lower, a 3.5 lb this time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]
The KAC 2 stage sounds like what i need for my varment gun. Does anyone have any info on where to get one of theese?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The KAC 2 stage sounds like what i need for my varment gun. Does anyone have any info on where to get one of theese?

Email Wes at MSTN (look in the Industry Forum). KAC is the best 2-stage there is. I am experimenting with 2 LMT 2-stage triggers as we speak. But today you can't find a better or more reliable trigger than KAC period any where.  They aren't cheap, but the best never is.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#10]
i like my jp rifles single stage, with their hammer.  mcole
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top